Bad-Azz Battlestar Pegasus - work in progress

MML

I'm not usually one to post WIP threads, just in case I never actually get something finished! (That, and the fact that I don't think my work is anything worth shouting about!)
I figured I'd break from tradition this time and throw up a few photos to see what everyone thinks.
This is the brilliant Bad-Azz Pegasus that came out recently. It's exceptionally well mastered and moulded. There are microscopic quantities of paper thin flash, (in fact I don't think I even had to get the sandpaper out once) no air bubbles, and the fit is very, very good.

I only had a couple of small problems. There was a bit of misalignment where the middle and rear hulls attach, but it was fixed by cutting off the locating pins. A bit of filler and it was sorted.

The other thing is the starboard flight pod - it's tricky to get it lined up properly, but I think it's to do with the way I assembled it. I should have stuck the arms to the pod, then the whole lot to the hull. I'm actually trying to do that now. I also think I glued an arm slightly off-square and that threw the pod off at an angle.
I want to get the arms right before I permanently glue the pods on.

Anyway, on to the pics!

Fresh out of the box:
4P1YH.jpg

With Timeslip Galactica:
XzLw9.jpg

Loosely assembled:
cbY4G.jpg

Main and rear hulls assembled. Head stuck together, separate from body. Engines sitting in place. Trying to line the port flight pod up.
ZfNZv.jpg

Same as above
yJocQ.jpg

Port pod aligned, trying to align the starboard
7l91G.jpg

Rear engine section bulkhead
wNGtx.jpg

Engine parts primed
hmvod.jpg

As it currently stands
PKilE.jpg

Last edited:
I love the amount of detail they have on that thing. When it was new out of the box it didn't really seem that good to me but once you primed it everything just jumps out.

frakking hell that is one heck of a model :-D and i agree with Wes .. looks so much better in primer as it really brings out the detail that they managed to get into it

Oh you wouldn't believe the detail when you see it in the flesh. Photos don't do it justice at all!
Believe me this kit is worth every penny of the price tag. If you're on the fence, definitely go for one!

Another update. Got the arms all aligned as best I could. Both pods are horizontal and as parallel as I can make them. Glad to get that bit done so I can move on with assembly.
I also put one of the runway decals on the starboard pod but I didn't snap a pic.
Rx3Dh.jpg

Quick update. I got sick of looking at primer so I put the base coat on the engine parts and painted the inside pieces gunmetal. A word of advice - make sure your primer and base coats aren't the same frickin' colour! It was hard to see what I had covered. :$

xryp0.jpg

Hi! MML!

It is splendid detail.
I want to see a finished model asap.
Are you performed illuminations of with optical fiber? By the way, In special TV program of SFX in JAPAN at the time of original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA start in JAPAN, Mr. Richard Edlund talked about optical fiber and said "It's like japanese noodle". It's funny. :lol

Hi! MML!

It is splendid detail.
I want to see a finished model asap.
Are you performed illuminations of with optical fiber? By the way, In special TV program of SFX in JAPAN at the time of original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA start in JAPAN, Mr. Richard Edlund talked about optical fiber and said "It's like japanese noodle". It's funny. :lol

Hi Atom! Thank you for your comments! I will try to get it complete as soon as possible! :D

I thought of using fibre optics to light it... but I think it would be too difficult for me! There would be far too many holes to drill :eek

So...any update pics on that Pegasus?

Heh, none yet... put the model building on hold over the winter, it's just been way too cold! Been working on my (real) Delorean though, which is almost done, so I might get back to the Pegasus in the next couple of months!

Heh, none yet... put the model building on hold over the winter, it's just been way too cold! Been working on my (real) Delorean though, which is almost done, so I might get back to the Pegasus in the next couple of months!

Interesting priorities you've got. :rolleyes

I've been holding off on getting one (the Pegasus, not the Delorean), partly because I haven't had time to even start my Valkyrie yet, and partly because I want to see if the Moebius Pegasus is any good.

I just got my Moebius Pegasus and for the money, it's a great kit. Although, I like the Bad-Azz one a lot more. I'm going to get the PE from Paragrafix and a some type of LED's for lighting and the build will begin.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back