Back to the Future

Yeah its a shame... I gave away the Fantastic Magazine and Tales from Space Cover, now they are on Ebay...

Its good to see that still some people make free stuff for those, who aren't such a*****s like the ebay sellers...

BTW: Still need the Brown Mansion destroyed newspaper clips, anyone made ever made 'em?

I remember someone, who wanted to seel 'em, but he deletes the offer to make it more acurate, never heard back anything from him...

:lol that would be me.
I put the project to the side and just haven't picked it back up. Thanks for the reminder.
I will actually start reworking it and toss it up here for free as soon as it is done.

Most of the page was the same as the other papers though, and I do have a finished page without the photo.

Did anyone tackle doc's letter to Marty from 1885 yet? I see that you can buy this one on the bttfstore, but if I compare the Western Union heading with the oversized letter that has been sold in the Profiles in History auction, it doesn't match. Or does this oversized letter has another heading than the smaller letter? I can take a look at the bluray, but I don't have it at hand at this moment... Maybe someone can post screencaps of the letter?

Did anyone tackle doc's letter to Marty from 1885 yet?

I believe it's on Rolands "to do" list so you can be assured it's gonna get done, and get done well.

Remember, if in doubt to the existance of a prop, the answer is: Rolands got it covered :lol

I just had a look at the one for sale on the bttfstore and going by memory, I dont think the 2nd letter and time circuit diagram should have the Western Union logo. In fact, I think the circuitry diagram is completly made up as (once again by memory) the movie prop was landscape, not portrait.

I believe it's on Rolands "to do" list so you can be assured it's gonna get done, and get done well.

Remember, if in doubt to the existance of a prop, the answer is: Rolands got it covered :lol

Here are some scans that might help. I can upload some in higher res later if needed.

6405a676.jpg

3ce3a352.jpg

5e9c4797.jpg

5264c22d.jpg

Remember, if in doubt to the existance of a prop, the answer is: Rolands got it covered :lol ...

Yeah, I already covered it. The full letter (incl. envelope) was part of the japanese 20th anniversary DVD box. I bought that letter from a guy from Hong-Kong for very little money. As I can see on his pictures, Daniel's letter is exactly that one from the DVD box. My plan is: I will scan it and make vectorized versions, because on the original letter from the DVD box you can still see grid dots from the printing.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Yeah, I already covered it. The full letter (incl. envelope) was part of the japanese 20th anniversary DVD box. I bought that letter from a guy from Hong-Kong for very little money. As I can see on his pictures, Daniel's letter is exactly that one from the DVD box. My plan is: I will scan it and make vectorized versions, because on the original letter from the DVD box you can still see grid dots from the printing.

attachment.php
That would be great. No need to cover it myself then. Don't have much time at this moment, and I'm sure you're versions won't leave any room for improvement... ;-).

On the bttfstore, the letters seems to have more pages? What's up with that?

... On the bttfstore, the letters seems to have more pages? What's up with that?

On the bttfstore the letter also has three pages. The other pages are: the map to the time machine (too small), the repair instructions (mistakenly with Western Union logo) and the flux capacitor diagram (too small). I wouldn't buy that letter - the text is new written and not the original handwriting. And it's printed on A4 sheets instead of US-Letter.

By the way: my letter version will also have the repair instructions (and its envelope).

Last edited:
This is my FAVORITE BTTF prop. I have a couple different version of the letters.

In the original letter from Western Union to Marty it included in an envelope with three handwritten pages and a large map (24x36 inch). In the car they found another envelope with one handwritten page of instructions and a schematic (24x36 inch). Both large sheets are of vellum and foldered to fit in envelope.

The handwritten pages are on 8.5x11 inch size paper. The envelope from the Delorean has "Repair Instructions" written on it.

I have a large copy, not to size, of the schematic. I would love to see these redone and done as accurately as possible. The opening of BTTF III is one of my favorite scenes. These letters are items I believe that Marty would keep.

Best,
DBCooper

... and a large map (24x36 inch). In the car they found another envelope with one handwritten page of instructions and a schematic (24x36 inch). Both large sheets are of vellum and foldered to fit in envelope.

If we believe "Profiles in History", the size is 23 1/2 x 35 inch.

...I have a large copy, not to size, of the schematic. I would love to see these redone and done as accurately as possible. ...

Do you have a better copy than the one from "Profiles in History", which is 1610 x 1056 pixels? If yes, then send it to me and I'll do a vectorized version of it. :) The quality of the one from "Profiles in History" isn't bad, but you can't clearly read everything on that image.

Hello trpf friends,

Sorry if its not the good topic.it has do, however, with back to the future.
I Saw last night Gremlins movie.The Cinema and stores in the Gremlins movie is also the Back to the future seth.is that already seen by several or i'm the first ?

Yes, that's a well known fact. You could see the clock tower before it was to see in BTTF (Gremlins is from 1984). :)

Yes thats right.i forget onley the year of making from the Gremlins.
Se have te set used for more movies then onley Back to the Future
And Gremlins you know more about that ?
I heard also that parts from the Lyon state used in some scenes from.
The movie jason is this right ? Thank you :cool

Yes thats right.i forget onley the year of making from the Gremlins.
Se have te set used for more movies then onley Back to the Future
And Gremlins you know more about that ?
I heard also that parts from the Lyon state used in some scenes from.
The movie jason is this right ? Thank you :cool

I'm sure, they used that set in many other movies, but the Gremlins and BTTF are the only ones, that I know.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back