Back to the Future Markpoon 2015 Jacket Mods

Foam filled the bellows, great success! Will post more later on when my wifi is up, here's a pic or two though, surprisingly still flexible ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407153017.843648.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407153030.631166.jpg I have done a few more bellow tests with less foam just waiting on them to dry up so I can see how much is actually needed but I think a small bead in each cravas will be enough

Last edited:
I just purchased the personal soundtrack shirt to use for the electronics. I got it for $10 cheaper from a german ebay member.

Ye lol, I've got one downstairs with a thin bead away to go smash the crap out of it, will post video.. If this works though it will be practically the same weight and will give us something to adhere to the jacket instead of a "hollow shell"

Last edited:
Hopefully it won't be visible on the jacket but yes black foam would be great, I've noticed the foam is very easily scratched off with my finger nails, I accidentally got some on the front but with picking at it there was no problem getting it offImageUploadedByTapatalk1407168229.985148.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1407168237.453682.jpg

Because the speaker isn't loud enough and it is way too cheap and flimsy for a jacket I spent $800 on.

If you make a styrene case for the speaker, it amplifies the sound. The issue I see with your Tshirt speaker is that you won't be able to hook the buttons up to the jacket waist band or have the lights flash in sequence to the beeping.

If you make a styrene case for the speaker, it amplifies the sound. The issue I see with your Tshirt speaker is that you won't be able to hook the buttons up to the jacket waist band or have the lights flash in sequence to the beeping.

Yes the styrene case will be perfect, I have one of those similar things for my iphone and what a difference, it's like having it hooked up to a bluetooth speaker.

Because the speaker isn't loud enough and they are way too cheap and fragile for a jacket I spent $800 on.

I think the sound quality is pretty decent, and as Brad said you can amplify the sound by using a plastic surround on the speaker. The main issue is the fragile wiring, but if that were replaced and the main unit kept safe in a housing, then it would be an effective solution for this build.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I cut off 3 switches leaving me the two I need then just cut the switch wires left and heat shrink wrapped them up, the thing is solid! Only problem I have found is that the batteries are really hard to remove with damaged the board.. Trust me I tried on my 2nd board that I bought to try stuff on

Button housing modified, think it's the best I will get it, thinking about doing the vertical black lines in the yellow lens but at the moment I'm happyImageUploadedByTapatalk1407175557.045336.jpg

A little soldering and electrical work will fix that. I will use small push buttons that are hooked up to the remote. I just have to strip the remote down a little.

I cut off 3 switches leaving me the two I need then just cut the switch wires left and heat shrink wrapped them up, the thing is solid! Only problem I have found is that the batteries are really hard to remove with damaged the board.. Trust me I tried on my 2nd board that I bought to try stuff on

If you only have 2 switches how will you activate the beeping sound, as well as the 2 phrases?

So how thin do we want these bellows, how's this? Maybe thinner? It's no problem now ;)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407267935.821017.jpg oh this is just another offcut, not the ones casted by Mark before you get working on them.. I'm just experimenting for all our sakes.

Also did the vertical lines on the yellow lens, looking much more accurate now but possibly need a quick splash of Amber to darken it up a bitImageUploadedByTapatalk1407268158.326155.jpg

Thanks Mitas :) nearly there then, not going to go to close to the apex as I think if you go into the curve it could look wavy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back