Back to the Future Hoverboard

cool beans

hey guys and girls,

i made this recently for a friends fancy dress birthday party, i couldn't afford to buy one and dont have the skills to make a screen accurate one, so after looking around online i found somebody who had posted the front and back designs they used to make they're much better hoverboard and i figured i could just print it out on 6 sheets of A4 paper and then stick it on to several layers of cardboard, 3 to be precise,

i then made the trim out of pink wrapping paper and added the strap and hover discs made also from cardboard and either coloured them with felt tip or covered with paper,

it does look very rough close up but not too bad at a distance, i probably could have made it look neater (and may do in the future) but it worked as a prop for the party.

what do you think?

SDC10006.JPG

SDC10007.JPG

SDC10009.JPG

Looks very good for time and money spent on it! ;) Bet its got lots of attention at the party!

cheers everybody,
yeah i was very pleasantly surprised by peoples reactions at the party, i even got requests to pose on it standing on a chair for the hover effect :)
thanks again for yor comments.

hey everybody, thought i would update my thread with a pic of me in my Marty Mcfly costume, complete with unconvincing photoshop flying hoverboard :)

SDC10037.JPG

Cool beans cool beans.

We support all prop creation here, including the fast and the furious. :lol

You def did an awesome job with the time and materials. Belated welcome to the forum!

Well done! Looks great. I made some BTTF low-budget props myself to leave in the D all year, but this one is really cool. Nice work, keep it up.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back