Back to the future 1 Eastpak rucksack

Let's hope they'll pop up at Ebay

They're pretty rare, but good luck. There is one on ebay with the orange patch, but it is missing the leather squares.
$_1.JPG

Looks like Eastpak is at it again. From their official twitter:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 6.59.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-20 at 6.59.04 PM.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 845
I was able to get a film-accurate version from The Iconic boutique located in Australia. Unfortunately they only ship to AUS & NZ so if you are stateside you would need a friend to take shipment then pass it forward. With the exchange rate its closer to $80US.

http://www.theiconic.com.au/returnity-padded-pak-r-108507.html

Unfortunately it's not exact screen accurate. There are slight differences such as the colors of the straps, the back side and the logo. But it's nothing that can't be modified by a good tailor. :)

Here is the accurate vintage bag from my collection:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• eastpak1.jpg
    eastpak1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,073
  • eastpak2.jpg
    eastpak2.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 866
Well after 2 years of waiting, I finally nabbed one from eBay. It doesn't have the orange patch so I'll have to swap that out at some point. It was listed for $99 but I was able to offer $85 (because, well 1985 :D) And I'm surprised how clean the name tag is.

FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_4589.JPG

@Roland - did you treat the leather bottom at all? Yours looks great

Well after 2 years of waiting, I finally nabbed one from eBay. It doesn't have the orange patch so I'll have to swap that out at some point. It was listed for $99 but I was able to offer $85 (because, well 1985 :D) And I'm surprised how clean the name tag is.

View attachment 720293
View attachment 720294

Nice find! Thanks for showing:)

Great find! Congratulations! :)

No, I never did anything with my bag. It's in a great condition, even the leather bottom, as if it has never been used very much.

$85 is a fantastic price. Even $99 is great. You actually sent him an offer and risked to lose the bag to another buyer in the meantime? Wow! That's what I call courage! :lol

By the way: The screen used bag has a different printing on the name tag. On the following picture you can see a movie screen cap (top) and my bag (bottom).

attachment.php

Attachments

• eastpak_address_label.jpg
    eastpak_address_label.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 670
Great find! Congratulations! :)

No, I never did anything with my bag. It's in a great condition, even the leather bottom, as if it has never been used very much.

$85 is a fantastic price. Even $99 is great. You actually sent him an offer and risked to lose the bag to another buyer in the meantime? Wow! That's what I call courage! :lol

By the way: The screen used bag has a different printing on the name tag. On the following picture you can see a movie screen cap (top) and my bag (bottom).

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=720416&d=1491764946

I'm guessing the model that actually comes with the orange patch matches that screen grab. The corners are sharp on the screen used bag.

I'm guessing the model that actually comes with the orange patch matches that screen grab. The corners are sharp on the screen used bag.

Maybe there was an early version of the name tag with sharp corners. Or someone of the set designers trimmed the edges?

Haha, that's how I chase my highs. That, and placing bids with 20 seconds left in an auction :wacko

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=720416&d=1491764946

Good to know. I'm just glad I can finally delete my 4 or 5 eBay notifications that I set up to snag this bag. EVERY day I'd get inundated with listings and would scan through all the thumbnails.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back