BABY YODA - Please help me improve it

suenature

Hi guys,

So, sculpting is not my strongest skill, but even tho I'm not good at it I couldn't resist and made myself a Baby Yoda.

After that some friends asked me to make them dolls too, but I am not confident my version is good. Can you guys give me critiques on what I could improve from this versions?
I already figured the ears are too flat and too pointy and plan on working on that. What else can I do better on version 2.0? Any suggestion is welcome.

Here are the pictures:

WhatsApp Image 2020-01-10 at 1.21.39 PM - Copia.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-10 at 1.21.40 PM - Copia.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-10 at 1.21.53 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-10 at 1.21.53 PM (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-10 at 1.21.54 PM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-01-10 at 1.21.35 PM.jpeg

This looks pretty good. I haven't really looked into getting a likeness for baby Yoda right, but it's definitely immediately recognizable as that. If you remove the very tips of the ears - the thin pointy things at the end I think you'll get closer to how it should be. And you may want to work on the eyes - eyelid shape shouldn't be that round. It makes him look surprised or shocked. Make them more oval. Finally I think you can make the nose a tad bit smaller - not much, but just a little.

This looks pretty good. I haven't really looked into getting a likeness for baby Yoda right, but it's definitely immediately recognizable as that. If you remove the very tips of the ears - the thin pointy things at the end I think you'll get closer to how it should be. And you may want to work on the eyes - eyelid shape shouldn't be that round. It makes him look surprised or shocked. Make them more oval. Finally I think you can make the nose a tad bit smaller - not much, but just a little.

You are absolutely right about the eyelids. I kept looking at him and feeling something wasn't right and couldn't figure out what was it. I believe this is it.

I will try to get the nose smaller.

Thanks for the tips.

Sorry, I wrote it wrong. I had originally written that the nose was a little too small, but wanted to change it to "make the nose a tad bit bigger", but messed up. Sorry about that.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back