AT-ST Costume

SydiousMaul

Greetings everyone,

I just recently started costuming. As my first costume build, it was only natural for it to be star wars themed. I didn't want to do your every day char costume and was inspired by some internet browsing so I decided to build an AT-ST to walk around in.

I have been documenting some of my build and threw it up on my project site. Take a look if your interested. I can't wait to hunt some Ewoks!!!!!

https://sites.google.com/site/theinsydiouscreations/home/at-st-costume-build

Last edited:
Re: AT-ST build

Hi SydiousMaul and welcome ... excellent costume work in progress ... you might like to edit/change your title though if you can, since my first response was posted in wrong forum being a star wars model :wacko ... 'AT-ST Costume' would far better suit as your first thread :)

Chaim

Hi SydiousMaul and welcome ... excellent costume work in progress ... you might like to edit/change your title though if you can, since my first response was posted in wrong forum being a star wars model :wacko ... 'AT-ST Costume' would far better suit as your first thread :)

Chaim
Sorry for being dense....but I don't understand what you mean?

I can't change the title of my post that I can see. I thought I put this in the right place/forum.....Are you just saying 'Build" is the wrong term to use since it's a costume and not a static model?

Yes ... this is the correct forum since your AT-ST build is a wearable costume :) ... I believe if you press 'edit' in your first post and than 'more reply options' you should be able to edit your title ... if I'm not mistaken :wacko Indeed 'costume' would be more appropriate than 'build' ;)

Chaim

Thanks awesome mate! Build, Costume, whatever. Looks great!

Did you just coat in PVA glue, then paint?

Thanks awesome mate! Build, Costume, whatever. Looks great!

Did you just coat in PVA glue, then paint?

You know what? i jumped the gun and just applied primer/paint to the foam. I should have sealed it with PVA glue or something as you said. Painting isn't my strong point so my mistake. Looks ok right now, but not sure how it will hold up. May need to repaint again after some use.

Never worked with foam myself, so not sure. I just hear that's what people do... Hope it holds up for you.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back