Assassin's Creed Syndicate - genderbend Jacob Frye

morie91

hiya!

Assassin's Creed has always been a game i immensely liked and enjoyed playing. even if it's been rolling downhill for past few years (AC2 forever in my heart ;u; ).
Syndicate managed to reignite my love for the franchise a bit, even if i still see many bad things about this game, but it doesn't really matter when the protagonists are really fun to play with.

ok, so to the point... i wanted to make some AC themed cosplay for a little longer while. last year i spent all my savings on my inquisitor. this year i want to work on one of the franchise assassins', so i chose the one i liked the most throughout all the games - Jacob Frye. maybe it's because i'm deeply in love with victorian style, or i'm driven by my interest in exciting designs. either way i already feel excited for the whole build ;u;

due to my strong body curvature, i'm unable to make strictly male cosplay, i have to go for a genderbend. not that i'm complaining :p with a friend who's gonna cosplay as Evie, we'll be "unstoppable Frye sisters!" C:

i want to stick to the original design as much as i can. maybe i will adjust the coat a bit to be more of a women's style in the waist and shoulders area, but nothing more than that.

12698433_1005998222771640_6330038697394642017_o.jpg

i had a bit of free time between my uni classes, so i started with the props. i guess i like making props more than sewing. after my awful 2nd cosplay, i'm just always afraid of ruining a big bunch of fabric and poor results (insane perfectionist here!).

big thanks to laellee for making a pepakura top hat for me! free hand shaping of it was a real pain in the ass ;-;
the process is the same as with any pepakura design, stiffening with resin and fiber glass. now i'm waiting for a package with black corduroy.
IMG_20161025_120650.jpg

my favorite to make was cane sword C: i used what i had at hand and wasn't very expensive to obtain - pvc pipe, epoxy putty, styrofoam, paper clay, strip of soft wood, pva glue, and acrylic paints.
IMG_20161025_120918.jpgIMG_20161025_121027.jpgIMG_20161025_121047.jpg

revolver is just a repainted toy gun (so the trigger can be pressed! ;u; )
IMG_20161025_120728.jpg

lately i had been working on the stuff i need for gauntlet, so my first choice was the hidden blade. in 90% it's cardboard! (here it's called "bookbinding cardboard", a very stiff and thick thing). some small parts were only made from eva foam and worbla. i've also started working on the "zip line launcher", but school stuff keeps me busy for now ;-;
IMG_20161025_120749.jpgIMG_20161025_122739.jpgIMG_20161025_122947.jpg

and the last thing i have, is the coin necklace. couldn't afford a real shilling from 1860, so i just a took a random old coin i found around with a face on it and attached a string to it :)
IMG_20161025_121122.jpg

so, next steps will involve gauntlet planning and building, and when i earn some money for fabrics, i will take on sewing.

all tips and help is really welcome! ^^ (especially about sewing, patterns for the coat or vest) i want to make this cosplay look great, and in game-like. i'm really excited to finally make something from my favorite franchise, historical period, and of my fav character C:

some more WIPs soon, i hope.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back