ASHPD - Portal Gun [image heavy, just the way you like it]

It is extremely taxing, especially for just one guy. I am also a big fan of DIY.

That said...

portalguns.jpg

HOLY BEJESUS! That's probably the most beautiful picture I've ever seen. Too bad I probably won't have the money to buy one, otherwise I'd totally pick one up. Looks like I'll have to stick to my plan of making my own!

Okay folks. Who is starting on their portal gun kit?

I am a fairly beginner/medium level crafter, and have started the first steps of my project. I used a metal file I had handy to clean up the seams in the pieces and increase the inner diameter of the two circles for the acrylic tubes. Small tube fits snugly now.

Next up, I think I'm going to need a little bondo on the sides of the large back piece to clean up some unevenness. Unsure how smooth I can get it (I don't like bondo much), but will give it a go.

Been continuing to work on this in my spare time. Used bondo to clean up a couple open spots. Sanded it back down to smooth.

Next up, drilling holes (!!) in several of the pieces and picking up the small hardware bits for them (small bolts, black cable, those wirey bits).

I have just come here from your third run kit thread in the junkyard, read this build thread from front to back, and HOLY BEJEEZUS I AM IN AWE AND/OR LOVE.

This is incredible. I'm working out funds and jumping on the kit if I can afford the shipping to Australia.

Damn it, i keep missing these runs!... I just read throught this build again..yes again:p The amount of work you put into this project is admirable. Here's to hoping for many more runs to come:)

I would buy a kit if I had money, but I don't. But maybe I'll do a build of my own sometime. Not like that'll be cheaper, but certainly more fun!

Hey all, I'm bumping this old build because I've recently adapted it for a contest on Instructables.com. I probably don't have a chance at taking home the grand prize, but I would appreciate your support none the less.

To vote, follow the link to my Instructable and click the orange banner that says "VOTE" on the top right corner of the page, which will be followed by a pop up asking if you would like to vote for my Instructable in the Epilog Challenge. I hope you enjoy the Instructable, and all votes and shares are appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.instructables.com/id/Building-a-11-Scale-Portal-Gun-with-Lights

I'm currently building one of these kits, purchased from another RPF member. It's such amazing work!

One question: what did you use for the connecting cables? I can't find any mention of that either in the RPF thread or the Instructables write-up.

Thanks!

Hey TC, can you PLEASE put your blueprints up for download? I can't find measurements for a portal gun online anywhere and yours look perfect. I'm trying to make my own portal gun and having these measurements would be extremely helpful!
Thanks!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back