Ash Project -Army of Darkness Photos 7-11-06

Awesome catch on the harness having webbing. I just checked and you can tell the strap over the right shoulder is webbing at the beginning of AOD right after he falls through the vortex and is starting to get up. Also when he stands up out of the water in the Pit, the right shoulder strap is not shiny like the left leather strap, and it looks slightly frayed with some pulls.

I think you saved me a lot of time and frustration from doing it wrong.

What size of rings did you use for the harness? Is the webbing standard 1" width? I am starting early this year and trying to get my ducks in a row.

I watched Evil Dead 2 tonight, and there is a great close-up of the harness, at least on the front, everything was webbing except for the thin leather strap over the left shoulder. It does look like leather still in AOD(I switched back & forth a few times). I like the look of yours regardless of the direction I take. Excellent craftsmanship and that is what it is all about at the end of the day.

Last edited:
I'll be interested is watching this to see how it developes. There was somone dressed as Ash walking around our local Renaissance Festival last year - I thought it was a very inspired choice - and a welcome surprise to say the least! We just needed some deadites there to spice things up a bit.

Remember... "Shop smart... Shop S-Mart!"

Was that in Bristol WI?
If so it might have been me

I just finished my costume up today. It only took 3 months to do, though I waited a little too long to get serious. Thanks to everyone's help and great build pics. It was the only way I would have gotten it done in time.

Hey! Your costume is tremendous! Would you be able to tell me what kind of strap you used for your left shoulder? It's the thin one with the small ring. I've been searching everywhere and I can't find one like that. Thanks so much!

That light blue denim shirt Bruce wore for Army of Darkness is hard to find. Especially with the rounded flap pockets. I am curious though, did Bruce wear regular khaki pants, or another pair of brown pants?
And has anyone IDed the boots?

The info on that costume was super limited due to when it came out. Things were also pretty generic, so I don't think a pants brand was ever determined. I think I just used a pair of brown dockers, or maybe they were Dickies work pants. It's been a while since I did anything with this costume

I worked on the film-- made the armour and many of the weapons......He wore a couple of different shirts. When he arrives in the past, he wears a pretty typical double pocket button down shirt. Later, he wears something different and it's the blue shirt I think you're referring to, but may be not. I remember the later shirt being a double breasted type shirt. A bit like a Civil War era cowboy shirt, but "rustic" or "medievally" because I guess the idea is that it's been provided to him by Arthur's people.

I've tried attaching the only image I could find quickly. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• MV5BMjE3ZmQ4ZjgtNjJlMy00NzFlLWJhNTgtM2I3ZWFjMjQ4YTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
    MV5BMjE3ZmQ4ZjgtNjJlMy00NzFlLWJhNTgtM2I3ZWFjMjQ4YTI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 105
I worked on the film-- made the armour and many of the weapons......He wore a couple of different shirts. When he arrives in the past, he wears a pretty typical double pocket button down shirt. Later, he wears something different and it's the blue shirt I think you're referring to, but may be not. I remember the later shirt being a double breasted type shirt. A bit like a Civil War era cowboy shirt, but "rustic" or "medievally" because I guess the idea is that it's been provided to him by Arthur's people.

I've tried attaching the only image I could find quickly. Hope it helps.

The light blue shirt Ash has once he gets to the past. It looks like a light blue denim shirt. Like a work shirt of some kind. It has 2 rounded flap pockets. Not a very common shirt, but then again work shirts come in all types of styles

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back