arkham knight research thread

so, grenade harness is completed and I have to say im pretty proud of it considering it was a spur of the moment thing I started when I found some strapping buried in a drawer along with a grip buckle that i used on the part that goes around the leg so it can be adjusted slightly. Ive got it about 80% accurate I think, I know the pouches dont actually attach to the belt but for now mine will, if I have time after I buy the jacket and get that right I might make up the two sraps that the pouches should attach to. Actually feel like ive made some progress now.

So I'm no costume guru or anything, but I was debating doing this one as well ... Buying as much of it as I can afford.

Something I noticed that no one has seemed to cover yet is that his camo pattern appears to be digital camo. You can find pants in red digital camo, but they tend to be more on the red side. I found a decent pair on ebay (just type in red digital camo ... I can provide a link if that sort of thing is allowed), but was wondering if getting a predominately black digital camo and dying/painting a red color on the gray areas. It'd be a lot of work, but no more so than starting from scratch.

So I'm no costume guru or anything, but I was debating doing this one as well ... Buying as much of it as I can afford.

Something I noticed that no one has seemed to cover yet is that his camo pattern appears to be digital camo. You can find pants in red digital camo, but they tend to be more on the red side. I found a decent pair on ebay (just type in red digital camo ... I can provide a link if that sort of thing is allowed), but was wondering if getting a predominately black digital camo and dying/painting a red color on the gray areas. It'd be a lot of work, but no more so than starting from scratch.

Links are fine mate, welcome aboard, im planning to buy black trousers and add the red, ive been looking since january and there is nothing available that wont need to be altered in some way

Cool. So this is all I have found in red (on several different sites).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Military-...U-Pants-Red-Digital-Camouflage-Large/43940037

That's a lot of red. One could certainly fill in quite a lot of the red with black (or dark blue - seems some of the screens show a dark blue coloring on the armor and possibly the pants). It'd be a lot of work, but less so than trying to digital camo the whole thing on a solid color.

I don't know, but it might be easier to color some red on black digital camo (or again, blue, depending on what color scheme you're going with).

http://www.armynavyshop.com/prods/rc9620.html#.VaXd5a6UzRY

ok guys things are a little slow at the minute as i have no printer, so i am looking to put a few things to bed that can be sorted, but would like your input/opinion/suggestions
1, boots, i have listed a few earlier on this thread, still have not found anything that even resembles the characters boots, anyone know of any boots with buckles and straps that may work?
2,quite a few images show A/K with a gun, but i cannot see on any image where the gun would be kept on this outfit, any suggestions or should i just forget about the gun completely?
3,this one is a bit unusual, due to an accident at the start of the year i have lost half my right index finger as a result gloves look a little odd, any suggestions on how i can fill the glove finger without it looking crap

i await your responses ;)
You could make a plaster cast of your other index finger up to the point where it is cut of and make a latex version of your finger and use spirit gum and/or tape to attach it to your cut of finger, that is one idea sorry I didn't see this when you first posted but better late than never I guess
Also if you put a bendy wire in the latex finger you can adjust it for a straight finger, slightly bent or folded in (for a fist)
Sent from the Batphone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cool. So this is all I have found in red (on several different sites).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Military-...U-Pants-Red-Digital-Camouflage-Large/43940037

That's a lot of red. One could certainly fill in quite a lot of the red with black (or dark blue - seems some of the screens show a dark blue coloring on the armor and possibly the pants). It'd be a lot of work, but less so than trying to digital camo the whole thing on a solid color.

I don't know, but it might be easier to color some red on black digital camo (or again, blue, depending on what color scheme you're going with).

http://www.armynavyshop.com/prods/rc9620.html#.VaXd5a6UzRY
Red and black is what im going for. Ive seen those red ones and did actually consider buying them and blacking out most of it but came to the conclusion that it would be alot less work to get black trousers and add in the red. Now I just have to find trousers im happy with.

You could make a plaster cast of your other index finger up to the point where it is cut of and make a latex version of your finger and use spirit gum and/or tape to attach it to your cut of finger, that is one idea sorry I didn't see this when you first posted but better late than never I guess
Also if you put a bendy wire in the latex finger you can adjust it for a straight finger, slightly bent or folded in (for a fist)
Sent from the Batphone using Tapatalk

No worries mate, someone else suggested a similar solution, realistically its a minor issue that I may leave until last incase I run out of time, another option ive thought of is to cut the end of the finger from the glove and stitch it back together. Thanks for the reply though.

Started on the buckle tonight, I drew the outline and cut it out
20150715_182254.jpg
From this I transfered the outline onto a piece of foam and cut out the indented areas and shaped the corners toget the right look I want
20150715_182300.jpg
Once happy with the shape I used a small cardboard box and some general purpose silicone to create a mold
20150715_184626.jpg
From here I would like some advice, should I cover this in resin to give it a solid surround or is it likely to be ok as it is? I only plan to use this once so im not too concerned if it get destroyed as long as I get one pull from it.

Checked on it this morning and the silicone is still wet/sticky as if it only just came out of the tube, ive turned the heater on and put it nearby, hopefully it will cure, if not I will have to start again, it may be because the tube I used is out of date and been open for a long time.

Checked on it this morning and the silicone is still wet/sticky as if it only just came out of the tube, ive turned the heater on and put it nearby, hopefully it will cure, if not I will have to start again, it may be because the tube I used is out of date and been open for a long time.
didnt work, had to start again.

time again for input from you guys, im working on the design for the trousers, more specifically the three straps on each leg, in the images it shows a basic 3 bar slider but i want to do something a little different and came up with
View attachment 501805
so what do you think? too much?
have these as options also,
yhst-98180673220573_2252_4329884.gif121833.jpeg300480.jpeg
may also use these for the straps on the jacket.

update on the buckle:

20150718_170520.jpg20150718_170511.jpg20150718_182324.jpg
unfortunately when i pulled the foam former out the silicone directly around it had not set so alot of it lifted out with it, i figured id use the mould anyway so mixed some resin/body filler and slowly poured it in to avoid any bubbles, an hour later i pulled it from the mould, its very messy but i have the basic shape i need so can file/gring away to get the form i want.

I don't think your mold idea is going to work, the silicones used for molds are a specific kind with an adequate viscosity to capture all details, but even if your all purpose silicone does work, molding a piece of foam uncoated and untreated is almost guarantee your silicone will stick to it like mad. With regular molding silicone you already have to use a mold release agent on your master piece and it's virtually impossible to mold something porous such as raw foam. If it does work, then consider me impressed, but otherwise the cheaper alternative I can see is first absolutely sealing your foam buckle with several coat of PVA and possibly a coat of paint on top of that too, and finding your nearby hobby store to purchase some either a molding kit, or some molding latex or even some plaster.

edit : holy cow it worked. Consider me impressed !

I don't think your mold idea is going to work, the silicones used for molds are a specific kind with an adequate viscosity to capture all details, but even if your all purpose silicone does work, molding a piece of foam uncoated and untreated is almost guarantee your silicone will stick to it like mad. With regular molding silicone you already have to use a mold release agent on your master piece and it's virtually impossible to mold something porous such as raw foam. If it does work, then consider me impressed, but otherwise the cheaper alternative I can see is first absolutely sealing your foam buckle with several coat of PVA and possibly a coat of paint on top of that too, and finding your nearby hobby store to purchase some either a molding kit, or some molding latex or even some plaster.

edit : holy cow it worked. Consider me impressed !
it kind of worked, the foam seemed to stop the silicone from setting hence the crap finish, if i do this again i will use several thin layers of silicone so that it cures completely and hopefully will leave less work to do. if i was going to be making several casts or a larger piece then i would have looked into doing it properly but as its only 1 small piece i just used what i had to hand.

Yayyyyy managed to get the second shoupder and both biceps pepped over the weekend, only the shins left now, met with the guy esterday about the hydro graphics, its something he does part time around his normal day job but he is amazing, will post up his website later, the downside is that it wont be cheap and he wants at least 5 weeks to get it all done. Because of the time and potential cost I might have the shins spray painted along with anything else I cant get ready, as long as the chest, back, shoulders and gauntlets are done I will be happy. If the biceps and shins need to be sprayed instead I dont mind

Current standings
Both biceps built, in need of resin and fibreglass
Remaining shoulder built and first coat of resin applied
Shins started hoping to have them finished by end of the week
Grenades painted up waiting on arrival of fuse boxes.
20150721_061804.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back