Area 51 Costume Starting Out (& hopefully to completion)

LastRaven

Hi all,

I'm new here to the RPF, so I'm looking for some advice on a costume I'd like to build. It doesn't seem very complex to me, but I need some leads on various costuming affects.

I'd like to remake the costumes from the STAAR team in Area 51.

OkWoR.jpg

lggNB.jpg

MNDed.png

Video reference of the whole game....

Area 51 (ARCADE) - YouTube

So basically this is what I have to work with. I believe the white military beret will be pretty easy to find. I've seen them all around the web. The patch I need to do some more research on, but the in game resolution is fairly poor.

The suit I believe is some kind of men's blue flight suit.

There are some green grenades you can see in the video (fairly near the beginning) that look pretty simple to make / acquire.

The last thing I think I need to figure out is whatever kind of body suit / protection & webbing the guy is wearing. Anyone have an idea on what it could be or what parts could compose it?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if any techniques to create these kinds of "vests"? Like a faux bulletproof vest or potentially something that's like foam inserts? I know the references aren't that great.

I believe that the better suit that I can find that looks fairly similar is this:
Survival Armor DTAC Tactical Vest DTAC | $5 Shipping Sitewide!

Obviously, 1K is a bit out of whack for something I'm not going to use and that's not really what I'm looking for, but the shoulders and collar are of the correct style.

Also, I know it can't be actual body armor because the suit itself would leave the user very exposed in the chest area. So it's probably something either that started out life as a fishing vest or some kind of tactical vest.

So, if anyone out there has some references for making prop vests, it'd be appreciated :popcorn

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back