Are all Kill Bill Swords the same?

No, just like Highlander swords, there are million of them. The quality varies greatly, from cheap crap to fine grade. Look for hand forged, folded 1095 steel or better, that's about where the good ones start.

Chances are, most new-made katanas you are going to find come from China. My understanding is that swords (even new-made replicas) are highly regulated in Japan, so a legit Japanese katana will be very expensive and difficult to get.

Just because a sword is from China doesn't necessarily make it poor quality. You just have to be super careful and do your research because there ARE quite a few cheap ones out there. I bought a custom nagamaki from a Chinese maker and it seems to be of pretty solid construction (I'm no sword expert, though).

I agree, had made Chinese swords can be good. 1095 would be the least I'd buy as that harnesses is where I consider novelty swords end and real swords begin.

I'm definitely no expert but I do have some experience with purchasing swords. I only have one 1095 Katana, the two highlander Swords are T10 made by Daryl Kyle, some are 1065, one is a magnesium alloy and one is very old which I have not info on. the European ones are a mix of Dark Sword Armory and Cold Steel, with the two Witcher swords are just something I found on eBay and are of unknown origin.
swords2.jpg

Attachments

• swords3.jpg
    swords3.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I'm definitely no expert but I do have some experience with purchasing swords. I only have one 1095 Katana, the two highlander Swords are T10 made by Dayle Kyle, the rest are 1065, the European ones are a mix of Dark Sword Armory and Cold Steel, with the two Witcher swords are just something I found on eBay and are of unknown origin. View attachment 1820379
Cool lot thanks for sharing buy “ Kyle” is a piece of sh** Grifter I have personal experience with that rodent . Pretty sure he got booted from the RPF .

Cool lot thanks for sharing buy “ Kyle” is a piece of sh** Grifter I have personal experience with that rodent . Pretty sure he got booted from the RPF .
I heard about that, that's unfortunate, but not when I dealt with him in 2020, these were the best prop buying experiences I ever had. One thing I forgot to add is some Chinese sword makers will engrave your name in Kangi on the blade which is pretty cool, I have a few of them like that. Mine looks like this

kangi.PNG

Last edited:
It all can depend on what you are also looking for. Super accurate? Just good enough but not perfect? Looks decent but flimsy, or strong enough to even battle with?
I have here, (also a really old pic) Sephiroth's Masamune from Final Fantasy 7. Its the true 9 feet long, like the game, and the ONLY one I've ever been able to find at that length. It looks decently accurate, but, its also super flimsy and wobbly. I've seen some that look stronger, but were only around 6 ft long. So for me, it just stays on display and nothing more, so being flimsy isn't really an issue. Its already heavy as is, I can imagine if it was made stronger, how much more heavy it would be.
Sword1.jpg

Heres a little video I made when FF7:Rebirth came out this last February 29th. You can get an idea of the wobbliness of it.
And how totally impractical such a long sword would actually be in battle.....lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back