Anyone know how big an SG-A puddle jumper is supposed to be?

b26354

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I had a 60mm diameter offcut of acrylic tube cut on an angle sitting on my workbench which got me thinking about ways to make a puddle jumper.

This looked promising - until something came loose and the tool broke halfway through.

jumper_tst.jpg

CNC milled into the acrylic tube with a rotary axis (i.e the tube can spin around so the tool is always perpendicular to the surface) on a desktop CNC mill.

I'm thinking 60mm across would be somewhere between 1/48th and 1/72nd scale.

I had a 60mm diameter offcut of acrylic tube cut on an angle sitting on my workbench which got me thinking about ways to make a puddle jumper.

This looked promising - until something came loose and the tool broke halfway through.

http://b26354.co.nz/jumper_tst.jpg

CNC milled into the acrylic tube with a rotary axis (i.e the tube can spin around so the tool is always perpendicular to the surface) on a desktop CNC mill.

I'm thinking 60mm across would be somewhere between 1/48th and 1/72nd scale.

I scratch built a 1/10 scale puddle jumper to fit the DST Stargate action figures. At a 1/10 scale she is about 40 to 42” long but I am missing one row of seats in the back. Atlantis had 3 sets of bucket seats in the back on each side sg1 had 2. I fracked up when I cut it so I just put in 2 rows per side.

my jumper: http://www.therpf.com/f11/stargate-atlantis-puddle-jumper-188777/#post2964699

Last edited:
Length depends on what your referencing. The interior set wasnt accurate to the exterior cgi shots and didnt account for the engine or weapon side pods. So just eyeball/wing it or...scale based on a screen grab or the SGA jumper schematics from the show computer files thst are out there

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back