Any experiences with HeroProp.com?

Kylo Mike

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There’s a “Death Trooper Rifle” or E-11D on HeroProp.com that states it’s “production used” and I have a lot of questions about the differences based on their photos of the item vs screen used images.

What kind of experiences does anyone have with HeroProp.com? Good? Bad? Questionable?

Attachments

• BF4AB5F8-093C-49CC-9100-718C377DCF98.jpeg
    BF4AB5F8-093C-49CC-9100-718C377DCF98.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
The listing has been changed to "Out of stock," so I'm guessing someone took notice of your post.

I've never bought from HeroProp, though no red flags come immediately to mind from past browsing, anyway; I mainly just recall being turned off by price (which certainly isn't unique to them).

The listing has been changed to "Out of stock," so I'm guessing someone took notice of your post.

I've never bought from HeroProp, though no red flags come immediately to mind from past browsing, anyway; I mainly just recall being turned off by price (which certainly isn't unique to them).

Upon some deeper research on HeroProp, I did find someone’s post on a different forum that stated they bought what was believed to be a production used Rogue One E-11, but ended up not being legit. It seems really hard to actually know sometimes.

They don't sell fake props . I have bought many many things . The are the nicest people in the business hands down .

I don’t believe they sell fake props either, I’m just curious to know your experience and I appreciate your input.

As for myself, I’m curious as to why the particular prop I’m referring to has so many differences to various production made and screen used prop images that are out there. I also understand that there are usually different versions of the prop. I just can’t help but wonder what version of the E-11D this is since it differs so greatly from images that exist.

Last edited:
Kylo Mike Have you tried getting in touch directly?

It's worth keeping in mind that every original prop vendor makes mistakes - even the heavy-hitters. In fact, my measure of a company's quality is far less influenced by error frequency than it is by their response to having a potential error brought to their attention.

I've received unreasonable pushback and obfuscation at times; but the good places will generally be pretty quick to edit a description or attribution, pull a listing, or offer additional clarification / evidence. And they tend to be (at least nominally) appreciative of my reaching out.

Kylo Mike Have you tried getting in touch directly?

It's worth keeping in mind that every original prop vendor makes mistakes - even the heavy-hitters. In fact, my measure of a company's quality is far less influenced by error frequency than it is by their response to having a potential error brought to their attention.

I've received unreasonable pushback and obfuscation at times; but the good places will generally be pretty quick to edit a description or attribution, pull a listing, or offer additional clarification / evidence. And they tend to be (at least nominally) appreciative of my reaching out.

Yes, I’ve reached out to HeroProp about my findings. They seemed intrigued by what I found and told me that they reached out to the person who supplied the prop for answers. They were a little tough to get a hold of at first, but once they did respond they were very nice and willing to answer all of my questions. Currently waiting to hear back from them.

I don’t believe they sell fake props either, I’m just curious to know your experience and I appreciate your input.

As for myself, I’m curious as to why the particular prop I’m referring to has so many differences to various production made and screen used prop images that are out there. I also understand that there are usually different versions of the prop. I just can’t help but wonder what version of the E-11D this is since it differs so greatly from images that exist.
Then ask them directly

Hero Prop is as legit as they come. Have they made mistakes and been fooled by someone who sold/traded a bad prop to them? Sure--just like every prop company. Would they ever intentionally sell a fake prop? No. If you bought a prop and it turned out to not be authentic, they would certainly refund your money.

Also, if you don't like the price of something. Send them an offer. You never know. Sometimes, they don't have leeway because it's a consigned piece. Other times, you might be able to strike a deal.

Hero Prop is as legit as they come. Have they made mistakes and been fooled by someone who sold/traded a bad prop to them? Sure--just like every prop company. Would they ever intentionally sell a fake prop? No. If you bought a prop and it turned out to not be authentic, they would certainly refund your money.

Also, if you don't like the price of something. Send them an offer. You never know. Sometimes, they don't have leeway because it's a consigned piece. Other times, you might be able to strike a deal.

I appreciate your advice. They seem like a great company from what I’ve been hearing.

Not judging their integrity. I trust your guys word or their legitimacy, yet I think it’s a bit disconcerting that a company/store selling items for thousands of dollars only way of contact is via a web form. No phone number, no direct email, nothing. Not to mention, said webform after 3 tries and I haven’t received any reply back other than the automated system confirming my original query. It’s been over a week.

Does anyone have a better contact for these guys? I don’t do or wish to do anything concerning Facebook, so if anyone has an email or something, I’d very much appreciate it.

Not judging their integrity. I trust your guys word or their legitimacy, yet I think it’s a bit disconcerting that a company/store selling items for thousands of dollars only way of contact is via a web form. No phone number, no direct email, nothing. Not to mention, said webform after 3 tries and I haven’t received any reply back other than the automated system confirming my original query. It’s been over a week.

Does anyone have a better contact for these guys? I don’t do or wish to do anything concerning Facebook, so if anyone has an email or something, I’d very much appreciate it.
I had a similar issue. HeroProp also owns The Movie Prop Experience in Las Vegas, there’s a phone number you can call if you Google them. Their rep should be able to point you in the right direction from there.

You can find their email on the "About us" page. Check the icons.

The e-mail is on their website: sales@heroprop.com

HeroProp is solid. I've bought quite a few props from Tiana. They don't sell fakes, and they stand behind the props they sell.

Thanks, guys. I must have missed all that. I actually did purchase something from them. Something significant, that I didn’t want to lose out on, so I just went for it. I’ll be paying it off for the next few months, I just wanted to speak to a human before I continue sending them payments lol. I’m sure it’s fine, it’s just a lot of money and I wanted to be sure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back