ANH Kenobi transistors

Ok, here's an update of the transistors that I received on Monday. I did this morning make them rock solid tight with a small drop of epoxy under each one though the conacts leads were pretty secure between the clamp and spacer, but handling the saber on the midband I felt would loosen these over time. Now its tight.

Very nice! What did you use for the washer?

I too purchased a couple of transistors for the supplier that Scott posted... probably why they're down to one left lol... can't wait to get them!

Thanks guys! That's a Romans Empire washer. I had to file a bit to get the transistor to seat properly because Romans replica transistors are a bit smaller than the ones I picked up. The small detail I think really helps bring a bit of realism. I'm happy with them!

board.JPGI'll be giving this board to thd9791 after I strip some greeblies off of it... lots of Motorola transistors, but none with the value you guys have. I hope they work for him...

Cheers, likewise! I pulled transistors off the board last night...couldn't help myself...and you're right. The 1980s Korean Motorola transistors have a lower profile and a ton more leads. There were also RCA and no-name transistors as well that were more the size I THINK is on the Chronicles/Mechanismo saber, however I may take some creative license as I really like these low profile ones.

Also - killer to see and hold a legit DL-44. Changed my life. :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has seen this style of transistor before, but someone is selling a few pair on ebay for $5 + $2 shipping. They look pretty good to me, but I'm no expert. He says that they fit into Romans washer.

57.jpg

That's me, I test fitted them for that first photo lol. I can't make THAT many custom sabers, so I threw them on eBay for fun. Someone just bought a pair within the past hour. They're not the same maker as the ones on the original prop, but they're similar in size and shape. You can see one on the left in my photo above of 4 transistors.

I should also clarify they're not from the board Kyle (chizbot) leant me, I picked them up last summer.

:lol...that's me that bought a pair. I like the way they look. I just received a shipment notification so thanks for the fast shipping by the way. I also just received my first Obi-Wan ANH saber from Roman the other day and wanted to see how these might look. I'm kinda new here but it looks like you guys have a pretty good community of people on this forum. Everyone is very helpful.

Sweet! It's pretty neat that I sold those right here.

I scrawled a note in the envelope, but in case you can't read my chicken scratch: most transistors have a little tab sticking out of the base that can be clipped and filed off. Sitting in one of Roman's washers, you can either glue them in, pressure-fit them with the leads or hollow them out and stick an allen-head screw in there like James Kenobi noted earlier. If you do the latter, and are using Roman's parts, make sure you use a screw with the same threading as Roman's spacer - whatever that is haha

Anyways! back to this thread - does anyone have a higher res version of the mechanismo/chronicles shot of the side of the saber? I remember there being doubt that both transistors were the same make...and I'd like to look them over again myself :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back