[ANH] Jedi Training Remote

Like I said elsewhere, that looks great, and have a great time. Model meet ups are always so much fun. Looking forward to seeing the pics trickle in!!

Looks great Niels, If I had any spare time I'd jump on one of these. Your doing a bang up job of it. Sorry I never got to meet you in Brum mate, I was sadly sat on a tour bus travelling back through Poland and Germany. Maybe at CE mate.

Thanks guys. It was a fun, little project, that got siderracked for a while,but once I got back on track, it didn't take long to finish.

@Guy - it would be awesome to meet at CEnext year, mate. Hope you had a great tour. I've listened through the new album a couple of times, and I must say, that Muse could really end up being part of my sparse musiccollection :)

Does anyone here have an extra "axle bracket" from the t-600 semi kit? It's the only part I'm missing!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Better late than never.

Here's a couple of shot of the finished Training Remote ..... The weathering looks a bit washed out on the photos (I have to improve my photography skills) .. it's a lot heavier IRL

1_12_08_13_8_14_52_0.jpg

1_12_08_13_8_14_52_1.jpg

1_12_08_13_8_14_52_2.jpg

Nice! Yeah, my photography skills are limited to my phone camera at the moment so I understand! Despite the wash-out, you can actually make out all the paint detail. It looks awesome! This is very inspirational! I think I'll finally go get the styrene vac-formed over the domes.

I'm still a newb to vac-forming.....anyone know what a good thickness to start with? First off, what thickness were the cutouts? I think I remember .040". If so, will .060" be a good so that it flattens out closer to .040"?

Joe

I went looking for Frank's tutorial as I have decided on this as my next build. Sadly the link is dead. Has anyone got a link that works? Frank, perhaps?

-DD

Nice! This inspired me to try my skills at building and make my own. Could you please post a breakdown of the pieces needed and when the come from? Except from the hemispheres, because those have been explained in this thread already.

Edit: Sorry, I'm new to prop collecting and have a lot of catching up to do.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back