ANH/ESB Stormtrooper - Discussion Thread

Ok so basicly ((dissagrements aside) this is only concerning the helmets with the non hovi tips) they are belived to be machined metal, how ever none have ever surfaced (regardless of screen useage or background or just production made) and those that have are plastic?

exactly!
It's like the argument about Helmets and what they are made of. Some "experts" basically expect us to take their word on it just because they have never seen one! Or owned one! :lol

I personally think there was a mix of metal and resin just like there was a mix of original and cast Hovis.....once they are painted you could not tell the difference and as there was the 6 foot rule back then I doubt they were particularly bothered if they were metal or resin as long as they looked the same on film.

It's like the argument about Helmets and what they are made of. Some "experts" basically expect us to take their word on it just because they have never seen one!

All the screen used Jedi helmets I've seen in private hands have metal tips, and all the Jedi helmets in the archives that I've personally seen/handled have metal tips.

So you say, but that's beside the point you say you've handled all these helmets can you back up this claim of metal tips with actual evidence like pictures or get one of these private owners to verify your statement, anything like that?

Original screen used Jedi helmet with metal tips:
jeditips.png

Just fyi, I've been to the archives and handled more original screen used SW helmets/props/costumes than anyone arguing with me in this thread combined.

All the screen used ROTJ helmet had machined metal mic tips that were custom made to emulate the look of the hovis.
The other ROTJ looking helmets that have ANH/ESB style ears and plastic hovis are actually promotional helmets and not used in the films.

Got nothing better than that with all these helmets you've handled ? come on really it's hardly conclusive is it.
That could be any helmet to start with even a replica, not to mention tiny little exposed areas don't look metallic to me.
I want to see something which says with no room for doubt that A it's a screen used helmet and B the tip is metal.

My original helmet came directly from the set of ROTJ. I bought it from the guy (hollywood screenwriter) who went to the set, the visit was documented in Star Wars Insider. All factual statements that can be backed up with evidence in the public domain.

Why would promotional helmets be on the set, and in a beaten up state during filming?

I all for education but I don't see any evidence here at all, just an opinion.

Joe

Because a lot of ESB era promotional items were on hand during ROTJ including but limited to Vader, Fett, and troopers. Some made it on screen, some didn't.
At this time we have no visual evidence that the promo trooper items were actually used on screen in ROTJ.

Because a lot of ESB era promotional items were on hand during ROTJ including but limited to Vader, Fett, and troopers. Some made it on screen, some didn't.
At this time we have no visual evidence that the promo trooper items were actually used on screen in ROTJ.

Nor evidence that the Mark II ESB/ROTJ helmets were promo helmets.

Interesting theories and neither side can prove either way without a time machine...

Anyway I'm out of here. Nice avatar by the way GINO! :thumbsup

Hi guys,

Just a quick question on the ESB/ROTJ troopers we are discussing. Where were they made? Where thay all made in the UK or some in the UK and some in the US?

The reason I say is if the ROTJ metal mic tip type were made and used for filming in the US that would make sense as to why they are abundant in the LFL Archives.

If the ESB/ROTJ type were made in the UK and only used in the UK for filming it would make perfect sense none of these would make it into the LFL archived - why ship stormtrooper over to the US at a high cost when there are enough in the US already for promo uses.

So because there are none in the archives doesn't mean there were none used in filming in the UK.

I am not looking to argue just looking to use a bit of logic.

Cheers Chris

There are plenty of anh style in the archives that came back from england and so did tons of other uk made items.
Again there is no visual proof that the esb era promo costumes were used in filming at all.
They were not used in esb either, just made for promo purposes during that time.

ANH helmets and armours were made in the UK. Those costumes were reworked for ESB at the USA. They needed more and newer costumes for RotJ so they did new moulds in the USA from the old suits.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back