ANH Darth Ugly: A Total Transformation of an Inferior Vader Mask

It worked! Man, I'm excited. It's overall look has improved significantly.

4/7/12 Progress Shots:

Nearly final! Made significant structural changes to the dome (couldn't leave well enough alone). Now back to work on the teeth bars...

I like its look a lot better. Glad you worked on it. I'm not a Vader expert but something was wrong, I didn't know what, but it was (a reason why I liked your ESB version the most of both), but now it looks as it should. Well done sir.

Hi, its interesting to see the differant versions, I am currently re sculpting a Rubie's with Newplast and trying to get the ANH look from that plastic hell...I have always loved the huge helmet that the 1977 Darth had, it something I think all fans with some sculpting skill think of doing. I commend your results and if you are still selling copys to help your friend you mentioned I would like to have a copy please.

also when I post my resculpt efforts I will look farword to your comments. Darth Vader is such a fantastic creation, I even went to see (Indian in the cupboard) just because Darth had a small part in it... happy days :p

And, the final shot... a casting fully painted that ended up looking better than the original Ugly. This shot alone was worth it - a great conclusion to a lot of hard work.

darth-ugly-final-00.jpg

Earlier paint test:

test-pull-vs-test-paint-vs-ugly-master.jpg

Fun shot:

Love the tidiness of your workspace, wish i had a shop like this

(Reminder to myself: clean up one room in the cellar and put a workbench in)

And overall a "überragende arbeit" from "scheiß" to shiny! :D

Greetings, Toxx :cool

Here is a pic of a casting of Ugly ANH!

Interest thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/darth-ugly-anh-vader-helmet-round-2-a-175472/

darth-ugly-anh-posterchild_zps9b99322b.jpg

These helmets are so beautiful it hurts. You guys did an incredible job restoring it and replicating the details from the screen-used one. Amazing.

Last edited:
I made the original helmet that was reworked for these. I did not give any one permission to alter them in anyway. I certanily did not give permission for CS to make money off them. Yes it was an ugly helmet but i made it myself. I made a lot star wars props that are funny as hell when you look back on them. So now that CS knows where it came from you can stop selling them!! Make your own and sell it!!! For anyone who doesn't believe me Here is some links from the Replica Prop Forum showing that i was making helmets at least a year before CS starting working reworking mine. The first Reveal helmet i made was an ANH helmet (which is when i made the first reveal parts for a helmet) I then made the "Ugly" helmet so it would look closer to a ROTJ one. I never realized that the "ugly" was mine until i saw the thread in the RPF junkyard and i began reading all the previous posts.
In the second post i was actually accused of recasting reveal parts, which was found to be BS. There is clearly evidence that i was making this stuff long before CS. So now he can quit making them, they were not his to begin with!!
http://www.therpf.com/f9/vader-helmet-project-11018/
Here's one on the reveal parts and helmets i was making in 2006
http://www.therpf.com/f9/who-does-wolf-morgan-x-still-owe-2300/

By HIS OWN ADMISSION CS STATES IT WAS NOT HIS WORK! I don't know what else anyone needs. It's either ok to rework someone's else's sculpt or it's not!!!
I have already heard from the guy taking charge of selling these helmets that they donT intend to stop making them or selling them, is that ok?

JediJeffrey aka aschultz aka BANNED MEMBER Wolf Morgan X

(POSTING THIS ON RPF and THE PROP DEN - WHERE HE POSTS AS JEDIJEFFREY)

Certainly, the burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused. This is not a "dab of bondo then recast" project. Just review the side-by-side before-and-after shots. This has been a story arc of many years, and the community has basically supported this and recognized this as a fan sculpt due to the enormity of rework done. I'm therefore surprised you just showed up to attack it. Moreover, I did obtain permission where applicable.

• First off, I've never done business with you, and I've never acquired a helmet labeled "JediJeffrey" or even resembling your reveal, be it primary or secondary markets.
  • The ugly kit I used was purchased off Sid Garand / Armormask. Are you him or in connection with him? Because if you are, I have a beef to pick with you marketing these kits fraudulently and for not processing a refund when asked, and it's taken you all these years to finally say something?!
  • If you are not him but he's your friend, then I also have a beef to pick with you because all the time he's made money off these kits marketing these with the implication that these are cast off studio pieces, you could have said something and you never did.
  • The two file attachments are the same helmet, and a side shot. Nice Reveal, but even the dome mount is not the same as the Armormask product!
  • Of the first thread you posted as "proof" - the Vader Helmet Project RPF thread originated by No Humor Man - that is of a vacformed helmet with a smooth head. That bears no resemblance to the Armormask product at all. Moreover, it doesn't even look like your own reveal!
  • Of the second thread, I guess that makes YOU Wolf Morgan X. Wow, you're recasting and TAKING PEOPLE'S MONEY and NOT SHIPPING PRODUCT?
  • You also claim in PM that the starter helmet was not a DPCA recast but your own sculpt. Rrrright. Despite the misshapenness of the Armormask product, the tells of a DPCA are still there.

So, to conclude, I see no resemblance to the armormask kit I worked with compared with the one sideshot of your Reveal.

But even if I assume you had anything to do with Armormask's product, all you did was hack off the T-mount while recasting a Don Post Classic Action. The headcap on the armormask product was the first thing I hacked off. I rebuilt the neck and other parts of the face. So anything original you added was removed.

Now look at Darth Ugly on the left, and the original state Armormask on the right.

then-and-now.jpg

Based on the above photo, what original authorship claim do you have on my mask? What right do you have to my sculpting work? :)

Moreover, the dome of Darth Ugly ANH is a reworked GH ANH dome which GH himself has given permission. :)

The Darth Ugly ESB dome was cut up in to strips, repositioned, re-angled, and resembled, and bondo'ed together.

wip-esb-00.jpg

Again, based on the above, what original authorship claim do you have to put a stop to Darth Ugly sales? :)

Finally, you're accusing me of making money. I have actually not made any money but have put in hundred dollars in materials, tools, shipping and molding materials. The money that is generated after sales is going to help a single mom with disabilities. I have not recouped any money from this project. It's purely a humanitarian endeavor.

Thanks for the Monday morning amusement! :thumbsup

BTW, Admins, please ban this dolt. He's already been banned.

Source: RPF BANNED MEMBER LIST

WolfmorganFX has now been added to the list, for poor business practices involving RPF members and also recasting another members work without strict permission.

AIM: scifipropsnw

Yahoo Messenger: wolfmorgan67

MSN Messenger: wolfmorgan

Email: wolfmorgan@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Im not friends with the guy you got it from. I sold several of them to different people. It doesn't matter if its a humanitarian effort it's not your work I know your pissed because your getting called out but thats how it works with recasters like you.

Okay, so you're not Wolf Morgan. But the burden of proof is on you. RE-READ my post please.

You can't even prove your Jedi Jeffrey vacform (as posted by NoHumorMan) even resembles your Reveal. You can't even prove the Reveal resembles the Armormask product. So claiming authorship over Darth Ugly is just Monday Morning Amusement.

Oh wait, it's noon.... lunchtime! :)

It doesn't matter if you believe me YOU ADMITTED TO TAKING SOMEONE ELSE'S WORK and claiming it as your own because you altered it?
All your doing is trying to deflect from the truth. When i started making things i didn't take pictures in case years down the road criminals like you wanted "proof". I see plenty of people getting banned without any real proof. Look at the other threads, i was making stuff way before you bought someone elses helmet and reworked it. Lets see all your "proof" of everything you have made.
Funny how you first try to get someone banned by calling them a previous banned member or a sockpuppet. I don't care who the money goes to
IT'S NOT YOURS TO BEGIN WITH!!

I'm wondering if I should even answer this because first you attacked me for recasting your work. Now you're attacking me for recasting Armormask. Pick a story and stick with it.

The proof of my work is no mere "alteration" is in the very thread on The Prop Den that you've posted your accusations on, so you've obviously chosen to ignore what the fan community there and here acknowledge to be so extensive it's in its right its own fan sculpt. Armormask cannot claim rights to the Don Post Classic Action on which his product was based. And anything unique to the Armormask (most notably the cap mount on the crown) was cut off by me.

Further, try recasting a DPCA yourself, add a widow's peak, and see if you can make it look like Darth Ugly ANH.

But if it's not mine to begin with given the enormity of work, your JediJeffrey is not yours to begin with since you put so little work into your own product.

Have you stopped trying to link your helmet to mine? I notice that kinda dropped off...

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back