ANH asymetric Stunt Stormtrooper Helmet WIP COMPLETE Pics Page 4 #84

First of all.. congratulations for your helmet...awesome.
Second... excuse my poor english level..
I write you with the hope that you can clearify me some doubts about your project..

On page 2 you cut the trapezoids... but.. how do you cover the hole?? did you stick something inside the helmet and the apply bondo?
which material have you used apart of bondo? milliput? which one?

A lot of thanks Toxx

First of all.. congratulations for your helmet...awesome.
Second... excuse my poor english level..

English isn't my native language too, so don't be afraid.

On page 2 you cut the trapezoids... but.. how do you cover the hole?? did you stick something inside the helmet and the apply bondo?

I have covered the holes from the inside with used polish phonecards, a thin plastic card that bend easy in shape, the small space is filled with a small amount of "bondo" to keep the step.

which material have you used apart of bondo? milliput? which one?

I've used a car body filler from "Nigrin", and Milliput, the standard yellow one.

The Resin i've used was a Epoxy Resin, i've found something similar in my local hardware store from a brand called "Presto" here in Germany

Hi toxxx!

My job continues slowly... too much busy on my real job!
I am doing the fiberglassing....omg.. its better than gintonic
I have a question...how many P38 did you use? its better P38 or quickSand?

Waiting your news!

What is P38?

I have used "Nigrin Füllspachtel" und "Nigrin Profispachtel", both are polyesther based car body filler (aka "Bondo"), the "profi" is more expensive but smoother and "yellow" colored instead of grey.

Both sands down easy (with a mouse sander or by hand), maybe next time i would try a "lightweight" body filler.

P38 its like bondo... I want to know how many quantity of this substance did you use... 1kg?? I have to buy.. And i need to know how many qty i have to order

Thx

somewhere in this thread is a list of materials i've used on this build

it was 1kg of the normal bondo and 500gr of the prof. fine filler, 100gr miliput, 5 spray cans of primer, 2 cans of white spray paint and so on

I don't know if it is international the same, i've used 40 80 200 400 grit.

40 and 80 for the rough shape, 200 and 400 to smooth it out.

Hi all!
I was so inspired by Toxx's project that I've started cutting pieces for my own (thanks for the files, SpaceCowboy!), and joined this forum.

I'm a newb here so I don't know if this is the right thread to post this question. (Sorry if it isn't!).
I've got a few of the pieces cut and glued, and it occurred to me that there is potential for distortion, even when the paper is fully assembled, due to its flexibility. In order to achieve (and hold) the correct shape for epoxying, I'd like to build an internal cardboard support structure that matches the 3D model used to make the pep pieces. Are there drawings available for these inside supports, based on SpaceCowboy's file? If not, does Pepakura Designer have the capability of extracting cross sections from the 3D model? Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Some peps come with internal support structures as part of the pattern. However, based on my (one) experience pepping, there shouldn't be too much large-scale warping or distortion. It will look like it's coming out all messed up until you get really close to being done, and it has a way of coming together perfectly despite looking really odd for most of the construction.

Again, just based on my single experience.

Phenomenal helmet by the way, Toxx.

Last edited:
I normally only like the pep idea for something symmetrical or cgi based like ironman...

I like castings with provenance when it comes to OT Star Wars stuff...

That being said...

Holy wow to toxx and the guy who pepped this out.

Why couldn't I have had this kind of thing 20 something years ago? LOL!!!

Looks amazing. Best OT SW pep yet!

Holy wow to toxx and the guy who pepped this out.

Why couldn't I have had this kind of thing 20 something years ago? LOL!!!

Looks amazing. Best OT SW pep yet!

Thank you OldKen,

you don't know how hard i tried in the age of 12 to get something similar to a Trooperlid... ;)

Fantastic build Toxx, you really have helped in my build with the amount of pictures you have posted.
I am just at the resin stage but looking a little further ahead. I couldn't find the answer in the posts.
What did you use for the eye lenses and for the speaker at the bottom, i'm wondering if I can order something off ebay?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back