Amazing Spider-Man 2 Build - jarradlm

Thought I'd give everyone a small update. Still waiting on the suit print, it's very close to arriving.
View attachment 384379
As for the face shell & lenses, I assume they are close to arriving too as their are from the same country as the print (Canada) I have majority of supplies needed to start working on the suit. All I need are the shoes for the suit which I have not decided on nor looked at yet, as well as a foam sheet to make a front chest spider. Here's a picture of everything I have at the moment and everything I've ordered. I have the elastic and magnets to make the wrist bands for the web shooters but just haven't gotten around to putting them together yet.
]View attachment 384381View attachment 384380

any more updates?

any more updates?

Thanks for asking! Unfortunately nothing has arrived yet, the tracking on the print has remained in the same position for over 3 weeks now. The sender of the print estimated that it will arrive sometime early in the new year. I assume the same for the faceshell & lenses. Other than that, I have everything I need for the suit except shoes. I will definitely post another update once something arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

Where can I get this faceshell?

You'll have to contact a user on here called "TJack", here's his profile link http://www.therpf.com/members/tjack/

*Update* The deal with the shipping on my print and lens kit was that unfortunately I didn't put "PO box" on the shipping address. So, they had been sent back to Canada around the 1st-3rd of November and they're still not in Canada. I'm going to get them sent back with express shipping so they can get here faster. I'm really disappointed but in the end is my fault, but I have no idea how it happened. I also ordered a pair of Markpoon's new TASM 2 web shooters. They look absolutely superb!
1418947950_zps1819ab87.jpg

*Small Update*
I received my web-shooters yesterday and all I can say about them is they're superb! Pretty hefty price, but worth it in the end! I also ordered a new faceshell & lens kit from TJack & they should be here in about two weeks. I'll keep you updated then.

Screen Shot 2014-12-25 at 3.00.10 pm.png

Last edited:
BIG UPDATE! I have been meaning to post this for a while now but never got around to it, sorry! Anyways, I ended up ordering a brand new print and it arrived a while ago now. I've finished all the web lines as well as completing my TJack kit. Still trying to contact someone to sew it together
.Screen Shot 2015-03-06 at 3.57.49 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-06 at 3.57.58 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-06 at 3.58.08 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-06 at 3.58.20 pm.png

Dude, looks great. Good job on the webbing. Love those TJack lenses, some of my favorite's. Always love having another Spidey out there....

Loving these updates. Looking at this suit come together makes me want to pull the trigger and order TJack's ASM2 faceshell and lens combo. How difficult was putting the TJack kit together?

Dude, looks great. Good job on the webbing. Love those TJack lenses, some of my favorite's. Always love having another Spidey out there....

Thanks man! Still deciding if I'll do the bricks though...

Loving these updates. Looking at this suit come together makes me want to pull the trigger and order TJack's ASM2 faceshell and lens combo. How difficult was putting the TJack kit together?

To be honest, I found it very difficult. It's worth it in the end when you pull it all together. My advice, do what I didn't do and follow the instructions very slowly.

I have come to conclusion, I have started the bricks. And I'm very glad I have, it looks so good when dry. I've also done two coats of webbing. Take note these are pics of the wet paint, I'm done with both arms & one back piece. Still have the other back piece, ribs and legs to go. I'll post some more finished pics soon.
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 12.53.20 am.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-18 at 12.53.28 am.pngScreen Shot 2015-03-18 at 12.54.02 am.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 12.53.12 am.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 12.53.12 am.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 177
About time I updated things here, I finally finish ALL the bricks on the print. I've also changed up the lenses a bit, still using TJack's frames but a method used by Grampsee. Which is cutting out the round bit on a soda bottle to still use the domed effect and then using fly eye/perforated vinyl mesh over that plastic and then another layer of plastic. Still waiting on the mesh in the post though. Finally - getting it sent to El Fett for some touching up and detailing, silicone back spider and latex front spider and last but not least sewing it. Here are some finished pics :) Enjoy (Please note - the lens pictures are not mine they are Grampsee's)

Screen Shot 2015-04-15 at 8.30.15 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-15 at 8.30.28 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-15 at 8.30.37 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-15 at 8.30.44 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-15 at 8.30.58 pm.png

About time I updated things here, I finally finish ALL the bricks on the print. I've also changed up the lenses a bit, still using TJack's frames but a method used by Grampsee. Which is cutting out the round bit on a soda bottle to still use the domed effect and then using fly eye/perforated vinyl mesh over that plastic and then another layer of plastic. Still waiting on the mesh in the post though. Finally - getting it sent to El Fett for some touching up and detailing, silicone back spider and latex front spider and last but not least sewing it. Here are some finished pics :) Enjoy (Please note - the lens pictures are not mine they are Grampsee's)

View attachment 464675View attachment 464676View attachment 464677View attachment 464678View attachment 464679

I know I'm a little late to the party :) Looking good man! I also offer the asm2 kit with that vinyl for those who are not fond of/wanting to do the clean up work on the smaller mesh that was part of the original kit. You lose a bit of accuracy but the visibility and ease of build is much nicer.

Can't wait to see you suited up!

I know I'm a little late to the party :) Looking good man! I also offer the asm2 kit with that vinyl for those who are not fond of/wanting to do the clean up work on the smaller mesh that was part of the original kit. You lose a bit of accuracy but the visibility and ease of build is much nicer.

Can't wait to see you suited up!

Yeah I saw that on your thread a little while ago, although it was really a last minute thing for me and the plastic bottle was within arms reach at the time ( I was desperate lol ) because I managed to mess up the original eyes again. I'll probably look into getting a new kit with them mesh you make sometime in the near future. But none the less, thank you! :)

Hello, all. I'm really bummed to say, upon receiving my suit about a week ago; it turned out really well but unfortunately it does not fit me. Very disappointing considering how much time and effort I put into it. I've put it up for sale in the JY and will probably make a new one which will fit. I've also started a TASM 1 build by McLean Krieger, if anyone's interested. Here's some pics of the suit.

IMG_1124 (1).jpgIMG_1126.jpgIMG_1131.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, all. I'm really bummed to say, upon receiving my suit about a week ago; it turned out really well but unfortunately it does not fit me. Very disappointing considering how much time and effort I put into it. I've put it up for sale in the JY and will probably make a new one which will fit. I've also started a TASM 1 build by McLean Krieger, if anyones interested. Here's some pics of the suit.View attachment 525428View attachment 525429View attachment 525430
That's unfortunate. The suit does look pretty damn good too. Well at least somebody's gonna be lucky enough to get their hands on that wonderful piece. :)

Oh man! Nightmare! :(
So sorry to hear about that.

Try to sew it together lightly(with minor stitching) so you can see if next one will fit you before laying down all that puff paint work.
I don't understand why so many of you use a seamstress, It can't be that hard to sew together a suit? Or is because you don't own a sewing machine?
Very cool suit, good job on it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back