Aliens floor tile ???

that's where I got the image from

When checking on "where is", it seems their office is about 45min from home. I will be traveling to the Gold Coast in the next week anyway, so might be able to drop in if you guys are keen to buy these. Shipping could be an interesting though.

When checking on "where is", it seems their office is about 45min from home. I will be traveling to the Gold Coast in the next week anyway, so might be able to drop in if you guys are keen to buy these. Shipping could be an interesting though.

At the very least it would be interesting to get your opinion and maybe a few detailed pics! :)

At the very least it would be interesting to get your opinion and maybe a few detailed pics! :)

OK, I will see what I can do. There are a few images on the site about each product and they all look like, well pallets. What I did see was a custom order thing, but there are minimum order amounts here.

Come to think about it, I am sure I had one of these back in 2006. If these are the same, they are pretty tough and quite well made.

I would like to know more about these, if anything 2 pallets could be cut up in sections and formed back together in sections with some aluminum backplating to form the Aliens original floor design look, since the pallets are designed partially in separate directions... would be interested to see where this may lead a few of us.....

That would be great, I don't really have that option, living on the other side of the planet and all that :p

I wouldn't want to buy that one... only interested in the one seen in SW, Aliens etc
You could try asking them if they have the one seen in the films as well. I tried e-mailing them... no reply.

That would be great, I don't really have that option, living on the other side of the planet and all that :p

Yeah, normally it is us down under that can't see stuff because it on the other side of the planet.

I wouldn't want to buy that one... only interested in the one seen in SW, Aliens etc
You could try asking them if they have the one seen in the films as well. I tried e-mailing them... no reply.

I did notice that on their online email inquiry form, you need an ABN (Australian Business Number) which I have, so maybe why they didn't respond. All I can do is go in and see what they have on show, take some photos and post them back here. I will ask about the custom thing, but I think you will find that option is not going to be cheap. You'd get the perfect replica prop though.

All I can do is go in and see what they have on show, take some photos and post them back here. I will ask about the custom thing, but I think you will find that option is not going to be cheap. You'd get the perfect replica prop though.

Not a custom I'm after either. Just wanted to see if they had the other one. Also tried e-mailing folks at Pinewood studios, no reply from them either :(
Bet they think I'm a bit crazy asking about "some pallet" lol

Not a custom I'm after either. Just wanted to see if they had the other one. Also tried e-mailing folks at Pinewood studios, no reply from them either :(
Bet they think I'm a bit crazy asking about "some pallet" lol

They probably have no idea how many fans of the films (that used these pallets) are out there. Based on what I read on their site, these almost suggest they were designed the food industry. I like how there are "no nails or splinters" with these. If any show up at work, I will have them put aside. We normally tell the drivers that we don't want the wood ones, but I will snag a plastic one should I get the chance.

Hey guys, ever noticed in aliens when they are trying to get Newt out from under the floor that they cut through it....
you can't fake the effect of a torch turning metal into glowing hot liquid with a plastic (well not cost effectively anyway)
And when they run on it the sound of the boots on metal is perfect, I mean sure, a decent sound engineer could make the same effect but for some reason I doubt it.
Perhaps there is a stamped metal floor plate version somewhere.

Wish we could find the originals and have them replicated:

pallet80small.jpg

you will find much more similar examples

None of the results are even slightly similar. :( Compare those to the image AliensCollection posted

Hey guys, ever noticed in aliens when they are trying to get Newt out from under the floor that they cut through it....
you can't fake the effect of a torch turning metal into glowing hot liquid with a plastic (well not cost effectively anyway)
And when they run on it the sound of the boots on metal is perfect, I mean sure, a decent sound engineer could make the same effect but for some reason I doubt it.
Perhaps there is a stamped metal floor plate version somewhere.

You do realize that when it comes to movies 90% of the sound you hear is foley... meaning it's fake. As for the welding they could easily have made a metal replica.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back