Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Yes, it does. As you know the costume designer will exaggerate the wear & tear for the camera/lighting. Always the same spots being used-up: pockets, sleeves, collar.

Kinda looks like the Polo one I found but with a lining. Polo was a single layer of cotton- very light but decent overall. Collar probably similar to the Alpha.

Adam still has it (Guinea pig) so I can’t post pictures of it to compare.
Polo gets ahold of some interesting patterns from time to time. Years ago I snagged a Polo leather jacket, that was, aside from the color and level of distressing, a dead ringer for Snake Plissken's EFNY jacket, all the details were spot on, down to the welted button hole on the lapel.

In other news we found ourselves in Barcelona and saw this..
1000030384.jpg

What's that...

There's also an Alien museo you say five minutes from our hotel!

I’d like to see that, maybe try to find one too!
Not to derail this thread, so only a couple pics.
I snagged it of Ebay in 2017 for a low price because there's an oval spot on the back of the collar where the dye didn't take (factory defect I'm guessing) and the seller had lowered the price. Considering how thrashed Plissken's jacket is, no little missing dye spot was gonna deter me from a 36 year quest to find that jacket. I've owned two other versions, one from Magnoli, and one I had custom made from Johnson's Leathers in SF from photos of an original 1930's horsehide in the same pattern, and of the three, this one was the most accurate in terms of cut and fit. If they'd made this in the same leather as the Bond Skyfall Levi's Menlo jacket it would be the perfect repro in my book.

Edit: Forgot to add, I was actually looking for The Governor's leather shirt jacket from TWD season 4, which I'd heard was a Polo jacket, and this came up in the 'similar items' list.

Attachments

• Plissken_front.jpg
    Plissken_front.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • Plissken_back.jpg
    Plissken_back.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back