Alien Enviromental Suit Progress .Youtube links added last post.

This is how Adam Savage visited the Propstore of London booth at SDCC 2014... (posted on the Propstore's Facebook)

VERY COOL, and congratulations once again to Steve, Richie, Danita & Karl !

:cool

SAVAGE EVA SUIT.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the Tested video, and I can't imagine wearing that for an hour. I am glad Adam didn't have a heat stroke. It's a beautiful piece, but it belongs on a mannequin.

What am I missing? Adam keeps talking about it being a faithful replica of Kane's suit, but it has a Dallas nameplate on it.

My best guess would be that the DALLAS nameplate was on a spare chest armor he used only during his appearance at SDCC. The soft helmet and boots weren't correct neither and the side gun was missing iirc. I guess Adam didn't wanted to ruin his Nostromo spacesuit that day, so he used spare parts he had. If you look at the same spacesuit exhibited at the TESTED party that took place later that same day, the chest armor bears the name KANE instead of DALLAS and the boots are correct...

My 2 cents...

Adam made two complete suits, just as he made two of the Mechaglove. I suspect he had a spare nameplate for extra anonymity during his Incognito walk (since he's mentioned on Tested and in a column for Wired that he's building Kane's suit and it might make it a little bit easier to identify him).

He should have fitted the helmet fan to avoid misting up. Had one fitted to mine by Steve but saying that have never work it yet.

This is so badass! Love this Suit, especially the helmet. I started a build on my own. But, I'm still confused by identifying all the parts on the helmet - its insane. I find the trickiest part, are the photo-etch parts.

You're guys are awesome to bring this piece to life! A L I E N is my favorite sci-fi movie.

Hi all,
Sorry for the necropost, but I was just rereading this amazing thread and I noticed something on a couple of
Harry Harris's pics way back on page 4. I suppose I'm super late to the party on this, LOL, but has anyone
determined what the lettering says on the sides of the helmet? I can read the word "VENT" but the rest is very
chipped and flaked.
I suppose these are the same rub-on (dry transfer) type lettering as is found on the Nostromo sidearms, and
I have a sheet of those transfers. I thought it might be fun to try to replicate these on my helmet. :)

Could the first one read "VENT DIAL" maybe? On the second one, I have no idea.
Again, sorry if this has been posted somewhere. . . but I couldn't find anything.
Thanks for any help! This helmet is still one of my all time favorite items in my collection. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back