Alien (1979) Nostromo Crew Shoes Replicas

Hello everyone. This forum thread has been great to follow. Through your posts, I have managed to make my own pair of Nostromo crew shoes. I used the PF Flyers shoes. For the D-rings (plastic) and leather strap, I sourced those from Aliexpress.us and for the rivets, I found some on Etsy. I am happy with how it all turned out. All that being said, I have some left over material I am wondering if anyone would like it. There are enough D-rings to make another pair of shoes and enough leather strap to make several pairs. I also have a couple of the rivets left over though only enough to make one side of one shoe. I don't need another pair of shoes and if I do, I have the sources to purchase again. First to say they want it, gets it. If you're wondering about the pants, I purchased the Nostromo Crew Uniform (pants, shirt and jacket) from Nostromocrew.com. Anyways, thanks again everyone for sharing your creations. View attachment 1660552View attachment 1660554View attachment 1660553View attachment 1660559View attachment 1660555View attachment 1660556

Hi all! Created an account just for help with customizing my shoes. Bought all the same supplies in this post and the same PF Flyers but cannot for the life of me get the rivets to close, did you all do something to the shoe's eyelets to get the rivets to work?? Normally I'm handy but this is the first attempt at working with rivets like this or customizing shoes so what am I missing?

Hi all! Created an account just for help with customizing my shoes. Bought all the same supplies in this post and the same PF Flyers but cannot for the life of me get the rivets to close, did you all do something to the shoe's eyelets to get the rivets to work?? Normally I'm handy but this is the first attempt at working with rivets like this or customizing shoes so what am I missing?
I used THESE white plastic rivets--no paint required.
My alternative Nostromo shoes.

Attachments

• Wz2w7wY-2.jpg
    Wz2w7wY-2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 52

Not sure what may be happening based on your post. To get my rivets to close, I used a rivet setter from Tandy Leather Factory. I didn't do anything to the eyelets. I don't remember having any issues with the rivets closing.

Not sure what may be happening based on your post. To get my rivets to close, I used a rivet setter from Tandy Leather Factory. I didn't do anything to the eyelets. I don't remember having any issues with the rivets closing.

Yeah, I tried a punch setter and a hand setter, two different rivets, could not get them to set, has to be the thickness of the eyelets on the shoes. Maybe they vary throughout production?

PFFlyers.jpeg

Working on my PF Flyers for my crew costume. I have the 3/8" D-rings on order and will order the nylon rivets from McMaster. But I'm unsure of the straps. I found 10mm faux leather material on Etsy for a low cost. Is that an adequate choice or do I need real leather? See people here using both, so what’s the best choice? 10mm (3/8") Fold Over polyurethan Faux Leather

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back