Air Compressor Tip Request - New To Airbrushing

I'm jumping into airbrushing as well and where I live (East TN) has really high humidity a lot of the time.
Obviously I'll be painting indoors, but I was curious if the moisture trap will help with this.

Early on in Building kits, when I would use rattle cans, I quickly learned it's best not to even attempt painting when the humidity is really high.
Is airbrushing any more forgiving of humidity/temp extremes? Or should you follow the general guidelines with aerosol cans, where weather is concerned?

Thanks

I'm jumping into airbrushing as well and where I live (East TN) has really high humidity a lot of the time.
Obviously I'll be painting indoors, but I was curious if the moisture trap will help with this.

Early on in Building kits, when I would use rattle cans, I quickly learned it's best not to even attempt painting when the humidity is really high.
Is airbrushing any more forgiving of humidity/temp extremes? Or should you follow the general guidelines with aerosol cans, where weather is concerned?

Thanks
Depends on the paint you'll use. Acrylics have no problems since an airbrush is spraying a very small amount of paint anyway.
As for oil based paints; I'll never had a problem with humidity (inside). No need to airbrush outside...the wind and other factors will make it difficult and frustrating. And yes, moisture trap is always a +(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back