Advanced Potion Making Book Replica

Here is my copy of both the advanced potion and the dark arts defense books...

HP display.jpg

Cool!
Geat collection!

Proof that finding the cover to add to a book is pretty easy. It's making the interior that WB shut me down for. 

My book has the entire contents inside just like the screen used one along with silver gilded edges like the original. It has also been aged, distressed and is truly a work of art. It was made by the very talented RPF member ECL.

My book has the entire contents inside just like the screen used one along with silver gilded edges like the original. It has also been aged, distressed and is truly a work of art. It was made by the very talented RPF member ECL.
Oh! Yeah. I've seen that one. Fun.

I'm VERY happy to say the non-Harry Potter version of the potion book is now available! :)

You can click here to read more about it and get a copy!

I was amazed at how very little I actually had to change the interior. Only "major" spells such as "Polyjuice Potion" had to be renamed and other Harry Potter specific verbiage reworded... but MOST of the book is still exactly the same!

Hope you enjoy it!!

Noel,

Missed it the first time around, but have one coming from LULU as of about 5 minutes ago. Thanks! Can't wait to see it! Wish I had access to the marginal notes, but I understand the nature of the situation. I'm just glad that you are able to recoup your work on this book. My wife and I have run down to "Harry Potter Land" in Orlando twice and this will make a nice addition to my meager collection.

David

And pay day is this week...the timing couldn't be more perfect! I look forward to adding this to my collection of Hogwart necessities!

Also, this is going to sound dorky but if anyone is upset over the lack of "Polyjuice Potion" it should be noted that that concoctions instructions were found in the book "Moste Potente Potions" from the restricted section. So its absence is totally understandable and valid.
[h=3][/h]

Lulu came through! Although I would have preferred a non-WB censored edition, the "revised" edition is really an outstanding work of art. Many thanks, Noel! I wonder if it would be acceptable to make the annotation text available - one could insert their own handwriting? Seems a shame to not get some use out of it.

David

YAY! Glad to hear you got yours, David, and that you're enjoying it.

Of course you can put a "different" cover on it for sure... and there will be an annotated version available with PRINTED (i.e. not hand done) markings in the books. But, if I were me... which I am, I'd do the markings myself in a blank one. You can also head to Hobby Lobby and get some nice "paper" for the inside front and back cover.

Here's a video of the book for those who want to see it.
https://instagram.com/noelgreencom/p/0GhDBik6v6/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this is going to sound dorky but if anyone is upset over the lack of "Polyjuice Potion" it should be noted that that concoctions instructions were found in the book "Moste Potente Potions" from the restricted section. So its absence is totally understandable and valid.
[h=3][/h]

Right on!!!

Does the edited version still have Snape's notes, just without Harry Potter words included? I have been waiting for the book for years (following the Demiguel thread) and forgot about it until recently. I'm thinking about buying the edited version since it's the only one available, but I just feel like I might be disappointed if it no longer has the notes.

@ TK8541
I hope you are still around and I only got you non-harry potter version (which is amazing by the way) and I wanted to turn it into a HP version and what I always wondered was: how did you get the information about Snapes notes? You could rarely see them in the movie and didn't found anything on the web.

I'm desperate to know where you guys got the information to make these books? I have scoured the internet trying to find info so I can make my own for my sister because I can't afford to buy one in $ as I live in SA but how do you even know what to add? Is it just research and guesswork or is there actual HP lore regarding what was in this book and the symbols and potions and chapters etc.

Noted.

I can send you a transcript of this thread though for a certain price if you're interested.
*hehehehe*
Im not sure if it was discussed before but WB told you to stop making your Harry Potter Version of the book.. how come they haven't said anything to Blurb?

I have bookmarked the page for the new non-Harry Potter version since I am a bit too late to buy the first edition.
Looking forward to buying it towards the end of October :)

Been waiting since 2011 for this, and I take my eyes away from RPF for a moment and you're done and two years has gone too.

Well well, amazing work is all I can say for now!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back