Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS PAGE 5

Re: Acme ROCKETEER Rocketpack kit build PICS 11/28

Definitely paying attention. I've been putting off this project for the longest time

I had been putting it off for many years.
I am so glad I finally took the challenge - I was always intimidated by it, not just the price tag but the work involved.
Getting it done and at the quality I was able to achieve has given me something even more valuable than the finished product; it has given me confidence to tackle some other prop builds I have been intimidated by.

I really appreciate all the positive words on my build. I'd like to get that harness done asap, but it looks like getting buckles and a good pattern is going to hold me back for a little while.:wacko

The jacket is priced at $800

If you are still interested then please contact me and I will give you information on how to get onto it

I can see why it's hard to find takers on the run. That price is WAYYY out of my price range and IMO, overpriced for a lether jacket - regardless of how accurate it is. Don't take my opinion as bashing in any way, but I think I can have one made that is reasonably accurate for a lot less.
I have to think about other projects I want to tackle financially and can't blow my wad on the jacket at that price.

The jacket is priced at $800

If you are still interested then please contact me and I will give you information on how to get onto it

oh my! yeah that would be a bit much for right now. Barely even started my Ozzy helmet and dont have the pack yet.

Thanks to EvilRocketeer, I may have found someone that can do me a full harness with the fiberglass shell. Waiting to hear back and hopefully it is within my price range. I can't imagine spending as much or more for the harness than I did for the pack kit.
It's amazing - the most underrated movie of all time also has some of the most expensive props of all time - that harness buckle is nearly $500!!!

I can see why it's hard to find takers on the run. That price is WAYYY out of my price range and IMO, overpriced for a lether jacket - regardless of how accurate it is. Don't take my opinion as bashing in any way, but I think I can have one made that is reasonably accurate for a lot less.
I have to think about other projects I want to tackle financially and can't blow my wad on the jacket at that price.

Keep in mind that the jacket Michael is talking about is made from a pattern pulled from a production Disney jacket. You can't get any closer to the real thing... even the buttons from the jacket were molded!

Let me know what you find out about the harness. I know of a couple of guys that have made their own, and done a fantastic job. Not sure I could ever do it though...

Lonnie

Keep in mind that the jacket Michael is talking about is made from a pattern pulled from a production Disney jacket. You can't get any closer to the real thing... even the buttons from the jacket were molded!

Let me know what you find out about the harness. I know of a couple of guys that have made their own, and done a fantastic job. Not sure I could ever do it though...

Lonnie

No word yet on the harness:cry
I REALLY want one that has the fiberglass shell. This is mostly for display NOT con wear, but I WILL wear it for a photoshoot and to occasionally try on to show off to guests in my home.
If you have any other resources for someone to make a harness for me, please let me know - until then I am waiting to hear back from the person you recommended.

No word yet on the harness:cry
I REALLY want one that has the fiberglass shell. This is mostly for display NOT con wear, but I WILL wear it for a photoshoot and to occasionally try on to show off to guests in my home.
If you have any other resources for someone to make a harness for me, please let me know - until then I am waiting to hear back from the person you recommended.

I can help with the fiberglass shell. I can lifecast your back with plaster bandages, and then make up the fiberglass shell using the plaster as a mold, then trim it to size/shape for whoever does the leatherwork. Though, we might be able to do that together too.

I can help with the fiberglass shell. I can lifecast your back with plaster bandages, and then make up the fiberglass shell using the plaster as a mold, then trim it to size/shape for whoever does the leatherwork. Though, we might be able to do that together too.

If you know how to work with fiberglass, I might be interested in your offer as I have YET to hear back from the person I contacted about having a harness custom made with the shell.

My brain hurts right now.
Im up to my eyeballs in doing my homework for my Proton Pack build.....:sick

Followed this over from another forum, splendid build!

Also picked up the same paint for some automotive work, I think it will do very nice for some dash trim work.

Gary

Followed this over from another forum, splendid build!

Also picked up the same paint for some automotive work, I think it will do very nice for some dash trim work.

Gary

Be careful though - it gives a really nice "plated metal" finish, but will take a while to fully cure without taking finger prints and you can't clear coat it.

Be careful though - it gives a really nice "plated metal" finish, but will take a while to fully cure without taking finger prints and you can't clear coat it.

A huge problem I have been trying to solve on dash pieces, getting them vacuum rechromed is a stupid amount of money ($1500) and no one makes reproductions.

Wow, another Rocketeer afficiando...great. This backpack ranks up there with Ghostbusters pack. Always enjoyed that film and music. Wish there was a sequel. I know Bill Campel (Rocketeer) from days gone by. He got a nice break with that film. Don't see him much nowadays.

Wow, another Rocketeer afficiando...great. This backpack ranks up there with Ghostbusters pack. Always enjoyed that film and music. Wish there was a sequel. I know Bill Campel (Rocketeer) from days gone by. He got a nice break with that film. Don't see him much nowadays.

Bill Campbell is on a tv show called The Killing that aires on AMC. It is a pretty cool show. I recommend checking it out. Looks like AMC picked it up for one more season

I'm the other RPF guy waiting to have Predicta make another run of jackets. I've been waiting for something like 6 months, so I would be thrilled to help you get in contact with him if ER hasn't already done so!

They really are the closest thing you could ever hope to get to an original.
I just hope my pack turns out as well as yours when I get a chance to finally build it.

A quick question about the metallic paint you used - so, it can't be clear coated? Is this just the same as any other silver paint, it would dull the finish?
Without a clear coat, how durable is that paint? - With the paint on the pack as-is will you have the pack be for display only, or could/would you wear it?

*EDIT* I work with leather, and at some point I will be doing the harness for this bad boy, but it will probably be a while from now before I have time to get to it...

-Alex

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back