accurate ewok build

Holy crap, I thought these were just screen grabs from ROTJ!...j/k. These are fantastic costumes and by far the best I have ever seen. From beginning to end, just amazing work.

I am sorry that i have been away so long. I have been away due to life and the hacking situation. I am very grateful for all the comments. I am still working on ewoks and will post some pics soon. Thanks again for viewing my thread!

I'm a huge Ewok fan... I've literally watched the Ewok tv movies well over 100 times each and I must say, your costumes look great!

This is an outstanding build. I am a new TK. Just started trooping. My 10 year old daughter wants to join me as an Ewok. This build gives me a great place to start.

Test shots w/ lenses w/out tint
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/tkvontrooper/ewok%20build/ewok22.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv240/tkvontrooper/ewok%20build/ewok23.jpg
Lenses are comprised of baby bottle lid covered with flexible tint( 5%).
bottle
ewok76.jpg

lid w/ scoreline
ewok77.jpg

lid w/ tint streched over dome
ewok78.jpg

lid cut w/ curved lexan scissors, You can use a bit of superglue gel around the edges( I did not glue these ) You end up w/ some bunching but you never see it
ewok80.jpg

ewok81.jpg

Spear made from found stick and tip made w/ oven bake clay and carved, then painted. Wrapped it up with twine.
ewok68.jpg

Body suit
ewok74.jpg

That is the build, I will be adding the troop pics w/ the final suits next
here are the teaser test fitting shots
ewok57.jpg

ewok58.jpg

Where do I find the flexible tint?

the tint is found at walmart or auto supply. not that it helps you a year later, my apologies!

Here is a clip of my second ewok(brown) and the one Tk4261 made.

These suits went to a new home, so these are not our kids. They did a great job of getting in character!

Last edited by a moderator:
naatsirhc...love your work...how did u do the Feet? and with the hands in the top photo are they using the monster hands? the colouring is outstanding.

phizz I got my fur from my local fabric shop, depending on time of year is when they get there stock in. I live in Australia. The best for it, is the luxury Fur, I have worked with long and short fur. you will be looking at around $40 to $60 a Meter.
Note: when cutting fur, cut under the fur only the fabric ...less mess.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back