A.I. Teddy Bear ?

I'm actually interested in a Teddy as well. I've been wanting to make one for quite awhile. I love the super toy Teddy though (toy).

Well, the voice in that thing is awesome.

They have X - amount of phrases which can be randomly connected with Y - amount of clauses ( whoa! Schoolhouse Rock flashback! :lol ) to yield Z - number of different utterances ... really cool way to do a talking toy.

I just wondered if anyone knew what they have been going for on eBay lately when they show up. That probably doesn't happen too often.

JAS

These are apparently now quite rare. I can only find one for sale on a website for $500. There are none on eBay right now, nor any showing up when I search eBay completed sales.

And to think that I sold 300 of these back in the day. If only I'd held on to a boxful.

Now you've got me thinking... I'll need to email my contact at Hasbro to see if they have any of these sitting around anywhere...

Phil

I've not had a Teddy bear since I was 3 years old. If the price is right, I'd like one! :thumbsup

If anyone's doing a new run, please PM me!

And to think that I sold 300 of these back in the day. If only I'd held on to a boxful.

I remember those days and threads, "Have you heard anything yet Phill..?!" :lol

I still enjoy mine and thanks for rounding them up for us Phil!

I would do whatever it took to get an AI Teddy. Thats one of my favorite movies and it often goes unappreciated.
A.I. and Minority Report are two of my favorite films of all time. Because the production of both overlapped there are many similarities between the two. Minority Report's production was actually halted to make A.I. due to Stanley Kubrick's unexpected death and Spielberg's consequent imperative to get the project done.

And yes. Both works are currently underappreciated. In time, however, I think they'll be seen as visionary future noire masterpieces.

Phil

I just hope someone still remembers these when it’s possible to do a full-motion version with semi-AI. I know a girl whose world would turn somersaults if she could have a ‘real’ one. :)

One of the saddest movies of all time, A.I.

As much as I love the movie, it kills me to watch it for the simple fact that the ending is just so unbelievably sad.

One of the saddest movies of all time, A.I.

As much as I love the movie, it kills me to watch it for the simple fact that the ending is just so unbelievably sad.
I couldn't agree more. I cried like you wouldn't believe!:cry Movies rarely effect me like that one.

I still want an AI Teddy, though. One of the cutest things I've seen since a little Mogwai named "Gizmo".

AI is a great film....very touching....not a typical sci-fi by any stretch and I think that's why it was not as appreciated as other more main-stream films...but it is classic Stanley Kubrick...I think the film is touching on many different levels depending on your background....whether as a parent or child...the ending with the alien's wasn't well received by critics and it is more a Spielberg touch. But a surprisingly profound character just as a teddy bear.....

The ending with the aliens wasn't well received by critics and it is more a Spielberg touch.
It wasn't well received by me, either... great movie nonetheless.

I think one of my favorite characters was Giggolo Joe. As soon as I saw Teddy, I remember thinking "I have GOT to get me one of those." Hopefully someone will do a run or post one of the stuffed Teddys for sale. :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back