A Deck36 (Aliens) Motion Tracker - Working electronics

I just wired up my 5Hz GPS and found out why the previous one died, so it's not happening again (was my fault... **** happens, murphy is always looking your back, waiting to kick it...).

[...] back from the garden. YAY. 5 Hz update rate for the navigation leads to better accuracy and more fluid rotation of the screen (angle of the MT display is updated at the GPS refresh rate).

I now have a 1 m accuracy for the alien spot (GPS location previously saved).

back to sound work !

Final pictures.

As you'll see, despite the paint is a lighter shade of olive dab compared to the PR (still, matching pretty well), it can be seen as brown bess under certain lighting, which confirm what happens in the movie (IIRC).
I apologize for the screen picture quality, quite hard to depict the exact look of it since it's behind the big lens.

I added a slide show (currently 9 pictures) used as a screen saver. Not much about saving energy but rather the OLED screen itself, to avoid burning a static image (like what happens when you watch cartoon network on a plasma TV).
I also reworked the power supply of the GPS, now I don't need the kill key anymore, it's all controlled by the sliding switch under the hama slide viewer, the recharge port is only used for recharging.

MyMT024.JPG

MyMT027.JPG

MyMT028.JPG

MyMT032.JPG

MyMT033.JPG

MyMT034.JPG

MyMT035.JPG

MyMT037.JPG

MyMT038.JPG

Video Time !
YouTube - Aliens Motion Tracker Final

Damn fine piece of work mate.. This is the kind of thread that makes me want to return here again and again.

Highest regards

MARK

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back