3D printing - T-800 Bust.

Thanks mate, I'm not sure yet, I'd like to do something with it, casting would be a better option than printing, I'm expecting this will be a week long print job, I'm I've not cast anything like this before. Sharing, or selling the files (for a fair price, probably around $25) is probably the easiest option, but of course, not everyone has a printer.

DUDE!! This is sick! I can't tell you how awesome this looks! I'm a huge endo-nerd so I almost blew a load seeing that last pic with the lambert.:love
I'm sculpting one of these IRL and getting it symmetrical is close to impossible by human hand, so this is truly the right way to go about it.
Will you be offering prints or casts of this when you are finished, cause I would die for a copy!

That sounds promising! :) Well if you ever do decide to sell casts or the files for that matter, I'm definitely interested! Keep it up, you are doing a great job!

You can never have too many reference photos :)
Selling for only $25 would be cheap as buck, if you haven't already check out this site and these 3D models that are NOTHING compared to what you're creating http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=terminator ;)

That sounds promising! :) Well if you ever do decide to sell casts or the files for that matter, I'm definitely interested! Keep it up, you are doing a great job!

HELLS YEAH, me too :p

Yep, I've seen all of those, this is actually the scan I started with... you can see what I paid for it. The quality is awful, but it is a legit scan of either an M1, a Thai cast, or a prop. The details are all there, just degraded.

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/terminator-endo-skull-obj/612559

I've done a lot of digital double work for film in my job, it's always a combo of cleaning up scan data, and remodelling detail. The prices on those models, including the scan I bought are just silly... The main turn off with selling models though, is there's nothing stopping someone else uploading it and selling it themselves.

You can never have too many reference photos :)
Selling for only $25 would be cheap as buck, if you haven't already check out this site and these 3D models that are NOTHING compared to what you're creating http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?keyword=terminator ;)

HELLS YEAH, me too :p

Yeah that sucks balls :( "digital recasting" which is why those of us who do CGI work miss out playing around with so many incredible models.

I believe it was Chanfan who mentioned this thread on the endobuilders forum, and it was enough to create an account overhere! If you are going to sell this 3D model count me in for the 25$!

Looking forward to new updates aswell. :)

It's been a long time between posts! but I have done some work on this today. T1 Style rear port. Gradually putting in all the details.

ports.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Looking sweet. I like the fact you are T1-ing;)

I'm in for a file in the future too:) Keep up the outstanding!!!!

Cheers
T
A
Z

I realised last night, the top of my head is little flat, I need to lift it slightly, and round it out. My Jaw is also slightly off position, and a tad narrow at the back.

This might mean re-doing the details on top pf the head, but I can't leave it now that I see it.

head_edit.jpg

I've done a lot of research on the endoskull differences, and unfortunately, the only reference I've ever seen for the rear port on the T1 skull is the Blu-ray of the the first movie. I was able to get some decent screen caps off it and enhanced them in photoshop. There are endoskulls out there, some alleged to be "production-made" that have a "non-standard" T2 rear port cover. But, these are fan interpretations and not correct; At least in the sense that they do not match what I see in the screen grabs from the film.

|A few years back, kit-maker "Beagle Bill" included a T1 port cover with his replica endoskull, but I believe he modeled this after a few photos of a purportedly authentic skull. I can post my screen grabs when I get home, but to my eye, the rear port appears hollow with a sort of "bridge" bisecting the circular opening. The "bridge" seems to have some shapes cut out of it, so one can see down into the port. Around the rear port, there are additional details that appear to have been eliminated from the T2 skulls.

Another difference I came across is that the "panel lines" and "rivet details" around the front CPU port were more detailed on the T1 skull, and for some reason appear to have been simplified for T2. Also, as near as I can recall, all skulls seen in T1 and T2 have a recessed CPU port center, and not a flush center "button" like the various replica skulls have.

Anyway, your skull render looks really nice. One thing that jumped out at me though; IMHO, the area between the upper gumline and nostrils (the philtrum) seems too high. This should be shorter. The replica skulls all get this area wrong, except for the M1. Also, don't forget to add the two small depressed circle details on the right cheek. I always found it odd that these were only on one side when almost all the other facial details are mirrored. I suspect it was an oversight by the original sculptor.

'Basher

Last edited:
.....the area between the upper gumline and nostrils (the philtrum) seems too high. This should be shorter.

Basher is right. The following photo is from the Terminator at the Tomenosuke Shoten shop in Japan. The owner was a personal friend of Stan Winston. The head is said to be from T1.
P1040107.jpg

The teeth are different also.

randa_016_04.jpg

randa_016_03.jpg

The two holes are visible here on the right cheek, and not on the left as Basher mentioned so there is a strong possibility that is has been used in T1:
4142105471_58a5b11a0f.jpg

If needed I could post more photos here.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys, I have been redoing the port detail, though looks like I can improve it based on your images. Beagle Bill actually sent me his port ref yesterday. I think you're right about the philtrum, I've shortened it in photoshop in the image on the right.

ports_02.jpgphiltrum.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back