3d printing - Approximate price ranges?

enervator

I have located files to 3d print both a costume and prop sword I am interested in. However, I have no experience here and am wondering if anyone knows an approximate cost of actually doing this. I haven't purchased the files yet and was hoping to find out ahead of time approximately how much the project would cost. Also, anyone know of an online vendor good for this?

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on the size and complexity of the pieces you want printed. There are online companies that will print stuff for you online, but they tend to be much higher priced than the people probably advertising in your local city's local 'buy and sell' website.

The online companies won't give you a quote unless they actually see the files. The local guys probably can give you a rough estimate, but they too need the files to see how many hours it will take to print, and see if the models have to be cut up to fit on the printer.

TazMan2000

It really depends on the size and complexity of the pieces you want printed. There are online companies that will print stuff for you online, but they tend to be much higher priced than the people probably advertising in your local city's local 'buy and sell' website.

The online companies won't give you a quote unless they actually see the files. The local guys probably can give you a rough estimate, but they too need the files to see how many hours it will take to print, and see if the models have to be cut up to fit on the printer.

TazMan2000
Yes, agree with all of this. Without seeing the file and knowing the total size, it’s impossible for anyone to provide an accurate quote.

Then you’ll need to decide on a material. FDM stuff like PLA, ABS, PETG will be cheaper when compared to resin prints, but they’ll typically require more clean-up to get them ready for paint.

Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back