1995 Jumanji Hunter: Van Pelt

IronRanger88

Ok, ok... I know this thread has been done in the past, but it's been 10 years and all of those links and images are dead.

The list of items in the costume:
-Pith Helmet (with spike)
-Black collared long sleeve shirt
-Red Tie, black/gold pin
-Khaki Military style jacket
-Leather belt with shoulder strap
-Black/red cape with leather collar
-Khaki jodphur pants
-Tall Black Leather riding boots (partial lace up with calf covers)
-Gun (two styles)

HELMET
The closest thing I can find in real life is an 1800's Boer War helmet. It's much taller and odd than most Pith Helmets, but finding a "real" one is not practical. There are no modern replicas that exist that come close.

I've been working on design for a few months, but I'm having the darnedest time.. I've got plenty of screen shots from the Blu Ray, but there has got to be at least 5 versions, cause this is a pain in the butt to get good shots of the whole helmet with the exact same shape and height. There was one sold with a jacket a few years back and I lost all the pictures, so if anyone has anything that might help, DM me.

The spike is pretty standard, Link orient has a good selection. They're also going to take my 3d design if I can ever finish it and make it into a real helmet for about $300. SO that'll be cool if I ever get it done.

Attachments

• helmet front.jpg
    helmet front.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Helmet left.jpg
    Helmet left.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,700
  • spike1.jpg
    spike1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 303
  • HSP-001.jpg
    HSP-001.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 706
  • Icollector.jpg
    Icollector.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 321
I hadn't noticed how tall and pointy the pith helmet is!

Pith helmets in endless variety were worn by many different armies, and if you go down that rabbit-hole you might find that it's an Italian army or Chinese army or who knows what helmet.

The British army did wear those typical helmets with spikes but from what I've seen the spike ones are always white.

Personally I'd get the standard British style...I'm one of those cosplayers who sometimes accepts the "close enough" philosophy.

eeaYMKk.jpg

The band would need color correction and the spike added, but the VillageHatShop has a "British Pith Helmet" that closely resembles the style you're looking for.
I wear Wolseley from the same shop daily and can attest to the construction, the top vent can be unbolted and replaced with a spike to complete the look.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back