1/6 scale Blood Angel Space Marines

MrBackpack

I meant to get this posted a couple of days ago for my birthday, but I never got around to taking pictures of the models that I am about to start in on.

The bits of armor are from 1-6th.co.uk and they were an early birthday/wedding gift to myself.

Overview of both sets of armor
m9la0Xk.jpg

I have one tactical marine and one chaplain in the works.
TNizlJA.jpg

The "old head" is the chaplain and one of the "young heads" is for the line Astartes.
6aTCiWB.jpg

The Chaplain has more details on the pauldrons and elbows than the line Astartes.
MoE2Pn4.jpg

BHlLvAV.jpg

hands
1dfCGhL.jpg

Feet
X8BtaDp.jpg

Bolter!
l6waxH1.jpg

Powerfist!
bEU135s.jpg

Hands vs Powerfist!
eIxyetd.jpg

Backpack!
bcgNCAC.jpg

skulls
pSmY6tA.jpg

I've been a Warhammer 40k fan for years, ever since I was introduced to it with, I think, the 3rd edition of the codex.

wish me luck!

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 scale Blood Angle Space Marines

I have some of these parts too, we follow this, please post as many updates as possible :)

This is my first major project like this and I'm really excited.

I've got most of my tools set up and ready to go, I just need to clean up the mold seams and flashing before I can prime and base coat; all of that before I can even thing about assembly too.

Subscribed! I've always thought larger versions of 40k models would kick ***, buy I've never seen one before. Looking forward to your progress!

how are the castings? Mine are like crap

Many of the parts need quite a bit of work: tons of flash or excess resin, on some parts you can see that the resin did not completely fill the mold (look at the top of the power fist in the picture), or other small things like that.

Yes it's annoying as hell, but I understand that he's not a mass producer of these things and I got what I wanted: a 12" Space Marine.

Aw man!!!! I gotta get me some of that awesome ****!!!!!

Subscribed.

Got a ton of the gaps and holes filled with 'green stuff' and started working on some of the larger details with milliput.

Sanding these things has been an adventure in and of itself. I hadn't noticed how much excess material there was on the armor.

I don't suppose anyone would have any ideas for how I can hollow out the helmets so that I can fit the face-heads into the helmets, would they?

way cool project. as far as clearing some room in the helmets you could do the ghetto crap i do, use a big drill to get the depth you want then smaller drills to open the hole then lastly files for the details. its dirty and about as accurate as an American election but it does get the job done

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back