1:4 scale American Werewolf in London

OK, the wolf's head sculpt is pretty much finished, aside from a little clean-up here and there:

IMG_1038.jpg

Next stage is putting all my parts together, painting and adding the NFT werewolf hair.

Thanks. I've decided to make the head posable too, at the neck joint. Likewise, the front legs will be posable at the 'elbow' joint. This will allow some subtle variations in the display pose.

This is soooo AWESOME......really looks like the movie wolf, the facial sculpt is.....ah, just wow, id donate a toe to be able to sculpt like this.

lee

Thanks guys!

There's still a way to go, but here's another progress pic from this afternoon with a super=quick first fix of paint on the head:

aa3c6868-1.jpg

Last edited:
Will do, I've been busy at work so no big updates, however I did partially resculpt the wolfs head last night, it looks a lot better than before IMO. Will have an updated pic in the next few days.

You bake it in the oven to harden it. Leaving it soft would be no good, it would deform with every little knock.

I understand the baking part...I'm just wondering mainly about the body, I suppose, and how you hardened the bulky part of that (I was curious if you left that part unbaked).

Oh right, sorry - I misunderstood the question.

The body is actually tin-foil with wire support covered in body filler then coated with milliput epoxy putty. Only the legs and head are in super-sculpey.

Oh my word, that really is fantastic, as stated above, the best Werewolf depiction ever, and totally nailed here in 1/4 scale.
Your bloody good at what you do bud, thats completely eyepopping!

lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back