1/3 Speeder Bike

Thanks for those pics. They show more detail than I'd previously seen on the miniature.Unfortunately it just reinforces the fact that I'm way off on some things thanks to ERTL and the full size prop. I'm sure they can be rectified in due course and I'm quite happy with the main body casting. I have started to re-shape the panniers as they are flatter than the ERTL kit ones and a bit more pointed. The turbine unit is also different so might look into re-doing that as well.However mine is similar to the Full scale one and copied again from the plastic kit........
Also, going back to the handlebars and some of the linkages.....I'm sure they used commercial vehicle suspension linkages and torsion bars for those on the full size prop.However I cant identify them as I think they are U.S. vehicle parts. Besides, it wont make any difference cos I cant source them at any scale

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back