VashDstampede's Iron Man Faceplate Reveal WIP

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been planning on doing this for a while now and I finally got around to it.
I'm sure a few have already seen this on my faceplate interest thread in the Junkyard:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=60127

All the interest on the IM faceplate gave me the kick in the butt to get this project off of the backburner and try to get it finished.

Jedifyfe did an excellent "reveal" build using one of my faceplates on his thread here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=58381&highlight=iron+man+faceplate

This is the faceplate I sent him and I'll be casting one for myself like it.
1FRONT2.jpg

Here's what I'm going for and hopefully I can get pretty close:
FACEPLATE.jpg

Anyway, here's what I have so far:
interior-details3.jpg

foreheaddetail.jpg
mouthdetail.jpg

faceinterior.jpg
faceinterior1.jpg

I'll keep updating as soon as I have more details finished.

Thanks for looking!
Ely

Last edited:
Wow nice job , its actually better than the movie one ,your hole spacings are better than theres on the mouth grill type part on the bottom :thumbsup

Even though I did my version, I SOOOO happy that you took this on Vash. I will have to throw mine up in the JY for cheap so I can buy this version!

Brad

Thanks so much guys!
I really like the drawing, designing and creative parts of projects like this.
It's a very interesting piece and I'm looking forward to having it be a part of my collection. I may purchase one of those display stands that are battery powered and rotates, to give this a proper showing.

Anyway, I posted it on the other thread, but here is the update on the interior details.
A few new ones and a couple of reworked/resized pieces:
NEW-DETAILS.jpg

faceplateupdate1.jpg

faceplateupdate.jpg

Now you're just being mean and putting my crappy interior to shame, BUT I LIKE IT :love!!!

Brad

Thanks again everyone, this has been a fun build. Very time consuming with trial and error, but I think it will look pretty nice in the end.
I'm reworking some more pieces like the upper nose section which needs to be wider and longer and make those teardrop shapes larger.
It's not perfect, but I'm just hoping for darned close.

OK, new update!
I only have a few more tweaks here and there plus the flat pieces for the eyes and those pesky wire details and I should have all I need to complete this.
I'll be heating the cheek pieces to contour the mask. Hopefully the resin casts will be as easy to heat and bend.

Anyway, on with the pics:
newdetails2.jpg

faceplateupdate3.jpg

faceplateupdate2-1.jpg

faceplateupdate4.jpg

Last edited:
I've done a few casts of the full helmet, but I'm such a perfectionist that I'm refining the master so I can be happy with it. I have a thread of it here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=53119&highlight=iron+man+helmet
I'm sending this one to a friend to mold for me and I hope he's not tired of waiting for it since I've been saying it for a couple of months now.
I would do it myself, but I don't like to do things twice and he's better with molding/casting full helmets anyway.

By the way, I worked on the wire detail today:
wire.jpg

What I'm asking is if in addition to the faceplate (which I'm interested in) can you also offer just the rear part separately so we can do a removeable faceplate version?

I've done a few casts of the full helmet, but I'm such a perfectionist that I'm refining the master so I can be happy with it. I have a thread of it here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=53119&highlight=iron+man+helmet
I'm sending this one to a friend to mold for me and I hope he's not tired of waiting for it since I've been saying it for a couple of months now.
I would do it myself, but I don't like to do things twice and he's better with molding/casting full helmets anyway.

By the way, I worked on the wire detail today:
wire.jpg

At this point, I don't think that is possible, since I'm not the one that will be casting the full helmet.
The mold I have is the same way, but is from the unrefined clay sculpt.
A friend of mine in another state offered to do it for me as a trade for past work I did for him and the casts will be full helmets with the faceplate and all.
So basically to get the rear part, you need to purchase the full helmet and cut out the faceplate from it and replace it with the reveal one.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back