Show off your custom lightsaber!

Nassik

I always like to see what others have created when it comes to lightsabers. Anyone feel like showing off? Here is my lightsaber...

12d20sabr.jpg

I commissioned it from Advanced Light Weaponry. I had it built from my initial design.

The initial design I came up with...
Finalmodhalf.jpg

The end result is even more detailed than I imagined and it is rather wonderful to look at. As the last picture reveals, the lightsaber lights up and has audio (the innards were pulled from a Master Replicas Yoda lightsaber).

Thats pretty cool.
I went for a more simple design, going for the 'useability' factor, while incorporating my fav bits from other sabers.
I was fed up of ripping my hands to shreds when mucking around with the sabers, so I went for a 'spin freindly' saber.
You may notice there's no 'on' switch - Its actually activated by twisting the band in the middle of the saber - there's a tiny aux button for the CF extras, lockup etc..
Anyway - I designed it, and one of my fellow UKGarrison'ers built it for me, using a crystal focus board, so we made a few changes to get everything to fit.
Anyway - Phil managed to incorporate the activation band and sound, keep the weight down and still keep the balance point in the hilt.
I still owe him my soul at some point.

Here's the design:
JONSSABER.jpg

Here's the final saber:
Not the best photo - doesn't really do it justice
SABER.jpg

I like your lightsaber. Very clean lines and it looks user-friendly. The switch is a nice unique touch. Is it made of aluminum?

Mine is made primarily of steel with a bit of brass in there. I'm used to seeing lightsabers as two-handed weapons and so I added length to my design in order to easily accommodate two hands. The saber is heavy, though.

Does your saber accommodate a blade?

Not gonna lie, I really like yours Silver Tiger. Makes me think of something you'd find on Tatooine from Episode IV. Love the colors and the hard industrial look of the copper parts. Very cool design.

i

I recently started collecting vintage flash units to make sabers with. I bought 5 of them on EBay and the rest I found at antique malls, camera stores, or local selling apps. The funny thing is, I actually found and paid in person for the Leica, Abbey, Graflex, Heiland 3C, Heiland 2C, and the Master Kalart, which are the better flashes of the bunch. I'm gonna make some cool sabers but I want to do so without permanently changing them, at least not with my lack of know how and skills as a machinist. Anyways, stay tuned for sabers.

Flash units from top left to bottom right:
Leica
Abbey
Graflex 3 Cell
Heiland 3 Cell (Could be a Sol. I swapped the clamps, and the black end piece from the Heiland 2 Cell onto this one. It had a King Sol connector/ end piece when I got it though.)
Canon Model B-II
Canon Model B-II
Master Kalart
Minicam
Kalart
Heiland 2 Cell
Master Kalart
image.jpeg

Check out the other custom thread right above this one. Lots of cool sabers to see!

I've personally worked with most of these too-- can't wait to see what you do.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back