Senate Guard Helmet Build

Angua

Saw this helmet at the Star Wars Prop exhibition at the O2 in London a few weeks ago, thought I'd have a go as it's one of the most elegant of that universe.

Been a couple of years since I've sculpted anything and this is my first project since my boyfriend and I finished our Stargate last year:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=45303

It's taken me ages to get to this point as reference is hard to find and dimensions ever harder.

I've started from a scary mannequin, built up into the rough shape with old Empire magazines and I've just started to get the clay on...

upload1.jpg

upload2.jpg

upload3.jpg

Angua asked me to post her latest update. Its really coming along! looking great on both halfs of the sculpt. Hopefully post some more images soon.

upload5.jpg

personal fav of mine - did collect some ref images from another fan's exhibit visit; will try and dig em up.

nice sculpt - but one minor criticism; the mandibles arent contoured - they are straight up and down, see below:
180px-EpIIISenateGuard.jpg

there is also a variant seen in Epi I - the open face with 2 plumes that I like the look of:
Eps1.jpg

lastly - nice to see more UK helmet builders! yay!

Last edited:
Thanks guys, ill pass on the kind words! Any refernece you have would be really appreciated Heatshock, the finer details of the helmet are hard to make out.

Hey wow thats a fantastic picture, thank you very much! Extremely useful! Do you have anymore?

I thought that was my only one, but then I found this (it was in the background of a photo of the red guard):

2ui8ww2.jpg

A little reference for the back. But that's definitely all I have - sorry!

Your build is coming along nicely...I know how it feels to make things from scratch..here is my final version 2 with the newer sculpt...and I dont know how many others have a blue senate guard costume but when I wore mine at Celebration 3, I think I was the only one at that time.

P1010726.jpg

P1010725.jpg

P1010722.jpg

Thanks for all the great reference - these have already helped me out no end.

Heatshock - thanks for the feedback and the pics, the mandibles definitely are straight, much easier to sculpt that way too :lol

There does seem to be a breathing vent on the back - makes sense i guess, might help with the fogging issues.

Korbanth - can I ask, is there a particular reason you've cast the plume separately? Is it so you can have the other variation with the hair?

Sorry, pics coming tomorrow as the ftp's on the blink!

excellent!

I like to share some reference photos with you, I did at the L éxpo Star Wars exhibition Paris:

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back