Rising Sun hoverboard help needed

Why would you want to do the flat-sided one? It's obviously the stunt version and the rounded one looks waaaaaay better.

the general feeling is because the flat one is seen more on screen that that is the one people want

Actually if you check out the screencaps I posted, the version with the rounded edges is the one seen in most of the key shots. It's the one he pulls out of the car, the one he rides while chasing after marty, and the one he rides when they chase him over the water. Even the CG board has the rounded eges.

The flat sided version is only seen briefly, it's very clear on the blu-ray.

you're the only person that has commented wanting the rounded edged board, i'm going to start off with the stunt board and take it from there. remember this is only a prototype i'm making at present.

you're the only person that has commented wanting the rounded edged board, i'm going to start off with the stunt board and take it from there. remember this is only a prototype i'm making at present.

To me it seemed like people wanted it due to mis-information, since the flat-sided board isn't the one seen most of the time. It can be difficult to tell on the dvd but aside from that one picture that was already posted, I can't think of any other scenes that feature the flat-sided board unless it's in the background.

Just my opinion.

Actually I like the round one better, too. I'd be interested in a run, if it turns out well.
Until then I love to see your progress on this, even if you'd consider not to sell them.

BTW Mike, sent you an e-mail concerning a Marty board with some little modification.

bit of an update, i've changed it now so the prototype i'm having made will have the rounded edges :) should get it on friday

ps, thanks Meta440, very helpful :)

bit of an update, i've changed it now so the prototype i'm having made will have the rounded edges :) should get it on friday

ps, thanks Meta440, very helpful :)

No problem, FYI the one I made (I will post pics whe i get a chance) had the rounded edges as well with the red/white sides to it so that file should be able to fit....if you need tweaking send me your outline full size and I can make it fit for you.

I finally finished 3 of the 5 boards, I just need to paint my PitBull and am waiting on a vinyl printout of the No tech board. But my Rising Sun is on there to fit into this thread. I made them out of MDF and painted them and added vinyl stickers

Here is a pic:
206872_1985656999944_1198842238_2405867_3401762_n.jpg

I finally finished 3 of the 5 boards, I just need to paint my PitBull and am waiting on a vinyl printout of the No tech board. But my Rising Sun is on there to fit into this thread. I made them out of MDF and painted them and added vinyl stickers

Here is a pic:
206872_1985656999944_1198842238_2405867_3401762_n.jpg

they look great :) the question mark and rising sun boards look a bit undersized though, they're both longer than the mattel board

they look great :) the question mark and rising sun boards look a bit undersized though, they're both longer than the mattel board

No, its the opposite. I made the mattel one a little on the bigger size. I had cut these out about 3 years ago and just finished painting them. And that was before I had done the research on the sizes and what not.

I hope to make a screen accurate mattel soon, hopefully even to get my hands on some lenticular.

Hi everyone!!! Does anyone have any large pictures or graphics of the "NO TECH" hoverboard? Im trying to do the graphics on photoshop but I need clear a image of the designs. thanks

It seems that the RISING SUN and NO-TECH hoverboards are finished since April.

Check out razorsharps website. They are marvellous!!! :love:thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back