Resin Blade Runner blaster kit question

Hey Guys,
I've had my resin blaster for quite some time now, even displayed proudly in a beautiful shadow box (as detailed in another thread here somewhere)

But the one issue I've been ignoring for aaaaages is how in the hell do I attach the bottom plate of the ammo clip securely and tidily?

It was originally superglued on with a smidge of blutac for security brrrrr....not a nice method I know....but the electronics inside have gently, over time, popped it off again and now it's just kinda hanging off as below...

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Have any of you guys with the same kit (the aussie resin from evilbay) managed to attach it properly? am I missing something obvious? or should I just man up, shut up and superglue it back on?

Cheers

Respect
P.

I had a Rick Ross PKD and I used hot glue to secure the electronics in place and keep them from moving. Then I would sand the edges to bare resin and super glue them firmly. It's worked well so far for me.

I'm going to use little rare earth magnets in the one I'm building. I'm also putting the battery in there so I need access to that space.

I've never liked superglue, I always prefer 2 part epoxy. Whatever you do, sand down the old glue first. Then, when it's all dry, try to find a way to secure the electronics down so they fit neatly in the mag.

I've never liked superglue, I always prefer 2 part epoxy. Whatever you do, sand down the old glue first. Then, when it's all dry, try to find a way to secure the electronics down so they fit neatly in the mag.
Yes this is key, no matter what adhesive you use you must removed the old paint. If you don't it you may as well just think off it as gluing to the paint which isnt secure at all.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back