R2D2 Bin build

Prosta

I got a great reaction to my last build from friends on FB that I'm making 1 more.

22295-r2-bin.jpg

Got dome marked out using files from R2 Builders Club Yahoo group. Will have to go back and redo 1st dome cause its way off. Scored panels with dremel. Little rough but I like it.

22347-dome-marked-out-scored.jpg

I got it in a UK supermarket chain called Tescos
Used a thin cutting disk with the dremel clamped in a vice.
Marked out the dome with a sharpie and tried to keep shakes to a minimum.
Using styrene sheet for the legs. Using Firefek's pep files for legs and radar eye. Have 1 cut out. Will glue tomorrow.

22440-dome-painted.jpg

Thought I put up the finished pics before now. Anyway here they are. Gonna flog 1 on DoneDeal or ebay
Body paneling is just 2 sheets of glossy photo paper with panels cut out on top layer.

324114-r2d2v2front.jpg

324115-r2d2v2side.jpg

Well done! That looks really really good. Just superb execution in every regard. I'm going to have to take a look at those R2 builder's files and make a new, more detailed model when I get a chance to. Scratch building an R2-D2 unit in any form has got to be up there on many a Star Wars fan's bucket list.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back