Puppet Master Trunk

Rusty85

Sr Member
Just finished this trunk from, "Puppet Master."

MyTrunk.jpg

Hey, thanks for the compliments! Puppet Master was my main focus for props originally. I bought the trunk for $65 bucks at an antique store. There wasn't a brand anywhere on it that I saw, but its 40 inches high, and about 20.5 inches across. The width on the right half is slightly smaller than the other.

I built all the puppets and have a lot more pictures on www.freewebs.com/patpm. Most are all original castings, with the exception of Torch and Tunneler. Tunneler was sculpted by a friend of mine and the Torch head is from Fullmoon Direct. The trunk originally had the the puppets go into the drawers on one side to make then fit in it in the films, but I improvised to let them stand instead. And being that the replicas I have are all about 20 or more inches, I wanted to be able to fit them all in it.

The Comedy/Tragedy faces were traded for a Mephisto I'm working on for the production designer for PM9: AXIS OF EVIL, which is where they came from.

I based this trunk off the one from Puppet Master 4 and 5, and the beginning of Curse. I was able to get pretty close to what was originally used and I think turned out pretty damn cool!

I plan on taking a lot better pics soon to post on my site, I just don't have good lighting at the moment.

Hey, thanks for the compliments! Puppet Master was my main focus for props originally. I bought the trunk for $65 bucks at an antique store. There wasn't a brand anywhere on it that I saw, but its 40 inches high, and about 20.5 inches across. The width on the right half is slightly smaller than the other.

I built all the puppets and have a lot more pictures on www.freewebs.com/patpm. Most are all original castings, with the exception of Torch and Tunneler. Tunneler was sculpted by a friend of mine and the Torch head is from Fullmoon Direct. The trunk originally had the the puppets go into the drawers on one side to make then fit in it in the films, but I improvised to let them stand instead. And being that the replicas I have are all about 20 or more inches, I wanted to be able to fit them all in it.

The Comedy/Tragedy faces were traded for a Mephisto I'm working on for the production designer for PM9: AXIS OF EVIL, which is where they came from.

I based this trunk off the one from Puppet Master 4 and 5, and the beginning of Curse. I was able to get pretty close to what was originally used and I think turned out pretty damn cool!

I plan on taking a lot better pics soon to post on my site, I just don't have good lighting at the moment.

Holy crap! scratch built puppets! Amazing work mate truly amazing.

I'll see if I can get a screen-cap of the screen-used one. Lighting sucks in the movies when it shows it except part 1, where its all close-ups of it. You should check out the new one, looks a hell of a lot different than the original... Here's a pic of the new trunk...and some of the new puppets, they've all been pretty much redesigned.

PM005_171.jpg

And here's a link to the teaser. They revamped a lot of the puppets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYC_egttrvo

My buddy took the bottom two pics last year some time.

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

AWESOME! This has got to be one of my favorite replica I've seen here yet!:thumbsup Inspires me to maybe take this on myself.:love

Great work on the trunk and puppets!

You know, I haven't watched a Puppet Master film for years, might have to go watch the first one again after seeing this thread.

Great stuff! :thumbsup

Sweet! I've seen another that was done, looked pretty damn cool too. There's was based off the new one though, the left panel is done a lot different. Instead of saying, "Andre Toulon World's Greatest PuppetMaster", it just says "Toulon". Like the earlier version myself.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back