Portal Companion Cube <3

MooMooEgg

Sr Member
has anyone made or is planning on making a weighted companion cube from portal? i just finished the game, and i havent been so entertained in my life.

here's an uber cute picture for you people who dont know what i'm talking about

1707628296_ec65e0b056.png

Attachments

• 1707628296_ec65e0b056.png
    1707628296_ec65e0b056.png
    2 KB · Views: 50
has anyone made or is planning on making a weighted companion cube from portal? i just finished the game, and i havent been so entertained in my life.

Hah! I'd love to see this! I've seen/tried to make a papercraft one, but it's no good on a large scale.

Hah! I'd love to see this! I've seen/tried to make a papercraft one, but it's no good on a large scale.

Valve is supposed to be releasing and selling a plush Weighted Companion Cube through Steam. If I see any news I'll report back. I want to build a life-sized one to use as an end table, I think Portal is the best game ever made.

Valve is supposed to be releasing and selling a plush Weighted Companion Cube through Steam. If I see any news I'll report back. I want to build a life-sized one to use as an end table, I think Portal is the best game ever made.

I thought the push one sold out in a day? there's one on ebay selling for like, $200 >_<

The one that Valve was selling sold out in like a day, yeah. They sold another bunch not long after that (more expensive than the last one), but those sold out too. I'm not sure if they'll be selling more. People sell them on eBay every now and then, but they're rediculously priced.

There was a guy who was making aluminium WCCs, but only for his "close friends." They looked gorram cool, though. Can't seem to find the link. :wacko

Hopefully someone here would be able to do a run of 'em. I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest.

EDIT:

Here's the aluminium cubes: http://www.destructoid.com/screw-pl...-weighted-weighted-companion-cube-62076.phtml

I had the panel drawn up in 3d max, but haven't done anything else with it. I was going to vacuform the panel and do a run of kits, but lost interest.

Some one please get me a picture of an in game image of the thing. I've got another friend that just finished the game and will not stop talking about it. My vacuum form table is 3 foot by 4 foot and I think that would make a great item to vacuum form.

Well I've been all over the net and it looks like from the scene where the cube is sitting next to the desk with the cake on it, if I had to guess it would be about 26" to 28" tall. Has anyone been able to nail down an exact size? If no one can find out I'm going to go with 26".

Some one please get me a picture of an in game image of the thing. I've got another friend that just finished the game and will not stop talking about it. My vacuum form table is 3 foot by 4 foot and I think that would make a great item to vacuum form.

Here is what I have so far.
I imported it into AutoCAD and created a .dwg file I tried posting the file but it wouldn't work.

Scot

Last edited:
This item is just going to get hotter and hotter. They are already working on part two. every where I look on the net people are really eating it up, This may be the new "HALO armor" .

I was planning on making one myself (not as big though) but if someone else wants to do it, I'd be more than happen to let them deal with the headache. :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back