Paid & No Merchandise Hadleys Hope

grayghost

So its Dec 28th. I payed (Nov 29) board member Hadleys Hope for a Hellboy Samaritan. No Merchandise, and will not answer any of my email. Anyone lives near this guy.

Last edited:
Re: Paid & No Merchandise

Well, I make no excuses for anyone, but please consider the holiday month of December. Family, buying gifts, stress, long lines at the post office, parcels being delayed and backlogged in shipping. December is THE slowest month to ship. I myself am a little behind. But still, some communication would be nice.

I consider the holiday month of December and the family, long lines at the post office, and parcels being delayed and backlogged in shipping. The person will not communication with me about the item being shipped.

Well, I make no excuses for anyone, but please consider the holiday month of December. Family, buying gifts, stress, long lines at the post office, parcels being delayed and backlogged in shipping. December is THE slowest month to ship. I myself am a little behind. But still, some communication would be nice.

Re: Hadley's Hope Paid & No Merchandise...

That's interesting!

I also paid Hadley's Hope for a Samaritan on 2nd December and have also had no reply to a number of e-mails or PMs...

If Hadley's Hope reads this - If there is a problem of some kind let me know.

To be fair, and in view of the other member's experience with a lack of communication I will send you one more PM and e-mail, should you not reply by 1600hrs GMT on Monday 31.12.07 I will go to PayPal resolution.

This is not the sort of thing I expected from a member of the Forum.

Dalroi.

Last edited by a moderator:

I get nervous after two weeks. There is no excuse once something is paid not to get it out immediately unless there is some prior agreement to a time scheduled later shipping date.
After three weeks, I e-mail and wait with the message given clearly that it must arrive within one week. After that, it is automatically a paypal dispute. Been burned enough to learn what to do now.

I paid on Nov. 30th for a resin Indy Golden Idol. Last comm I got from him was Dec. 6th saying it was ready to go. Over 3 weeks later and still no idol and no reposnses to any PMs.

-Fred

Might actually put Hadleys Hope in the title in order for him to notice it. Last time on was December 18th, so if your pming him after that your wasting your time. Give it some more tiem, or dispute.

Last edited:
Still awaiting a reply to the e-mail & PM sent...

Dalroi

I finally received my Stormtrooper helmet from him, but it was close to a month after paying and a barrage of PMs. Keep on him. He kept promising it had been sent, and that he'd get me the tracking number. When I finally got the tracking number, nearly a month later, the item had just been sent the day before.

If all else fails, submit the paypal dispute.

I payed with a MO.
I finally received my Stormtrooper helmet from him, but it was close to a month after paying and a barrage of PMs. Keep on him. He kept promising it had been sent, and that he'd get me the tracking number. When I finally got the tracking number, nearly a month later, the item had just been sent the day before.

If all else fails, submit the paypal dispute.

PayPal dispute now opened.

Jess Ruiz (aka Hadleys Hope), get in touch ASAP as the matter can still be resolved before I move it on to a claim.

I have only ever had to open 1 Claim before now and HATE having to do it - The fact that it is against a fellow RPF member is frankly unbelievable! :sick

Any assistance from the Moderators would be gratefully received.

Sigh.

Dalroi.

I also just opened a paypal dispute for him for the Storm Trooper helmet, Paid for on Nov 18th. Lots of promises of mailing it out but no product, and the last couple of weeks no responses to e-mails or PM's * To be fair to Jess, I believe he did sent it but we had agreed it had to be mailed soon (because I was moving) and he mailed it fed-ex ground so it arrived way after i moved. I did get a written response from Fed-ex that the box was returned to him, so I still need my money or my helmet, but I do believe he mailed it the first time, it was just too late and too slow, and even that was over a month ago, and he has been promising mutiple time to get out the replacement one ASAP since then before he broke off all contact.
and As it turns out I has similar problems getting 2 clone trooper helmets from him (selling under a different screen name on ebay - giantrobotseven ) I had a lot of trouble with that transaction as well, although he did send an extra helmet as a way of making peace - which i accepted.

I hope this issues can still be resolved, I would be fine with the helmet or a refund, but one or the other has to happen soon.

Last edited:
Seems to me we're getting a rash of people using the RPF to get Customers and not coming through lately. Might be time to tighten the belt-Ie no selling unless you've been a member with X amount of time, and X-posts to be able to access the Junkyard and sell.

Might be time to tighten the belt-Ie no selling unless you've been a member with X amount of time, and X-posts to be able to access the Junkyard and sell.
Won't do much good. It seems those who go rouge are mostly members who's been around for a while. Take Hadleys Hope for example; he's been a member since 2005 and has 256 posts.

Are you gonna only allow someone to sell after being a member for over 5 years, or has like 1000 posts? Even then its still no guarantee. People go rogue for a myriad of different reasons.

Hadleys Hope - Bad Trader

It's a shame that there aren't more "heads-ups" posted to dissuade members from dealing with the dishonest within our ranks...

If I had known that there were this many members waiting for goods & PayPal disputes going on with this guy no way would I have dealt with him.

I also agree that this thread needs to be moved to the Prop Forum for more exposure.

Dalroi.

you can add bobeone to your list, i paid him in november and thats the last i heard of him. f-ing prick!

similar problem with HADLEYS HOPE here. we agreed on a trade, i sent my item exactly as pictured, and he sent me some wonky half-ass crappy casting - definately NOT the casting shown in his picture. he then gave me some BS excuse about how "the wife was in charge of shipping" and he'd get me the real helmet soon. he told me it shipped, claimed he'd get me the tracking number, and then the guy fell off the face of the earth. needless to say, the helmet has not shown up. he is now completely ignoring my PMs trying to straighten this mess out.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back