Nu Blaster in da house (SW of course), Jabbas palace guard blaster

Lichtbringer

Master Member
I´m already busy with my builds of the EE-4 and the E-11 pistol version, but yesterday another basegun arrived. :love

Ladies and Gentlemen - the Jabbas palace guard blaster:

JabbaGuardBlaster007-1.jpg

I already disassembled it a little bit. Couldn´t wait. ;)

Yes, it´s a original Umarex:

JabbaGuardBlaster008-1.jpg

The rear sight - if i remember right it was reused as a part of the ROTJ-E-11s scope rail - up up and away into the "real parts" box :):

JabbaGuardBlaster010.jpg

The dissassembled parts of the front sight:

JabbaGuardBlaster009-1.jpg

And with the flipped over sight rearranged:

JabbaGuardBlaster011-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Nu Blaster in da house (SW of course)

This looks familiar! What a coincidence, I've just got around to doing my version of this. I have a slightly different version than you do however, moulded in all black plastic, and with an open thread in the rear. I recieved this one with a broken sight, but I knew I didn't need it for this conversion.

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02300.jpg

I'm just waiting on the "motor/coil" greeblies to be delivered, then I'll crack on with the aluminium side parts.

I can't wait to see what you do for your build. Do you have a plan for the scope yet?

Great start gentlemen!

Pete, that is the very first ro72 with the threaded part on the rear!! It is THE correct version for this blaster :) we had this detail machined back the days when we build this blaster.

I am sure lonepigeon will be thrilled to see this!

Michael: Parts are in the making ;)

Markus

I can't wait to see how your blasters turn out guys! I'm probably going to re-do the side plates on mine and add some motor coil plates to replace my scratch built ones. Considering how prominently these blasters are seen on screen in Jedi coupled with the promotional shot of Luke holding it, I'm surprised there isn't more love for them.

Hi Pete,

really cool find. :cool

When i was a child nearly every of my friends had this pistol, but i don´t remember that they were available in black, too. I was already wondering why PoSW mentioned them beeing black with brown painted grips. I always thought they were brown, grips masked and then painted black. :wacko

This looks familiar! What a coincidence, I've just got around to doing my version of this. I have a slightly different version than you do however, moulded in all black plastic, and with an open thread in the rear. I recieved this one with a broken sight, but I knew I didn't need it for this conversion.

Right, the sight isn´t needed for this gun. It´s only a nice to have for other builds, maybe later.

I'm just waiting on the "motor/coil" greeblies to be delivered, then I'll crack on with the aluminium side parts.

I can't wait to see what you do for your build. Do you have a plan for the scope yet?

Atm i´m tracing and shooting for the needed parts. The scope reminds me very strongly on the "grips" of certain electric measurement devices - 2 of these grips with metal needle tips are connected to the gauge part of the device.

Something that way, but of course another made and model:

56.jpg

messgeraet-elektro-elektronik.jpg

No real plans, yet - i´m just a simple man who tries to build his way in the universe. :D With a little help from my friends. :cool

Btw. i would love to see some pics from the threaded endcap, preferred with deatailed measurements, if possible? :)

I can't wait to see how your blasters turn out guys! I'm probably going to re-do the side plates on mine and add some motor coil plates to replace my scratch built ones. Considering how prominently these blasters are seen on screen in Jedi coupled with the promotional shot of Luke holding it, I'm surprised there isn't more love for them.

I assume that´s cause it´s so butt-ugly. :lol

And the parts glued on it´s sides don´t look cool or technical, more than some stupid barbaric deko. As if they were attached by the owner, not as made by Blastech.

I never got that far with mine! I've got the cap for the front, machined part for the rear, the black domed pins, knob for the rear of the scope and the real Revell model kit parts of course. I keep meaning to make the side plates but... one of these days.

Need another scope too, Markus ;)

Great start gentlemen!

Pete, that is the very first ro72 with the threaded part on the rear!! It is THE correct version for this blaster :) we had this detail machined back the days when we build this blaster.

Well, that's pretty exciting to hear! I knew this was an early release and the correct model, but I didn't realise it was quite so difficult to find. I assumed everyone had this version!

Hi Pete,

really cool find. :cool

Atm i´m tracing and shooting for the needed parts. The scope reminds me very strongly on the "grips" of certain electric measurement devices - 2 of these grips with metal needle tips are connected to the gauge part of the device.

Something that way, but of course another made and model:

Btw. i would love to see some pics from the threaded endcap, preferred with deatailed measurements, if possible? :)

It looks like your on the right track with those grips, interesting. soldering irons have a similar style handle too.

And yes of course I'll get some measurements for the end cap. It's at the workshop though, so it'll have to wait until Monday I'm afraid.

Wow great find , would love to know where ya got this in the UK :love

Be cool to see a pic of the scope piece stripped down too , never knew it was from this gun .

Last edited:

Don't throw away the broken rear sight. Repair it and save it for the ROTJ E11 ;)

Don't throw away the broken rear sight. Repair it and save it for the ROTJ E11 ;)

The broken part isn't even used on the E-11 so the piece is perfect.
Nice to see a 100% correct RO72. I had seen pics before, but never a RPF member's.

I never knew that threaded part was a part of the gun! Was it to attach a should stock or something?

If you end up machining parts for this Blaster I would be down for a set as I have one of these I have been dying to do a buildup on, but I don't have any of the greebles.

Well, I could post some pics of mine and could let you guys decide if it's be worth to do a small run of coldcast sideplates?!
Also have the threaded part, the scope however would have to be redone before molding...

Markus

Here we go...
As you can see the motor coil detail doesn not seem to be present on the VD version of this blaster, but the MoM prop. I built the VD version, obviously ;)

The scope is detached at the moment, because it´ll be redone more correctly...some day :lol

So what do you think, worth a small run of sidepanels (BOTH sides) YES/ NO?
Jabba-comparsion.jpg

Markus

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back