Nike Mag V2 Mod Discussion (Page 58 Shopping List)

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... as i too bought them when you first posted them on here and they work perfectly, the blue baby's do seem to have a compression problem lol. Anyway thanks for sharing again!!

I'm interpreting what you're saying as you've worn them a few times already and haven't had any issues. If that's the case, that's great! Good to know they are more reliable. (I've only tried them once so far)

Ok so i have a pair of MAGs and a set of cloneprops ankle buckles ordered. It will probably be a while until i can start on the lights, but ill get there some time this year lol.

If only he sold the heel cup on shapeways. I'd be in for that.

Last edited:
So according to Aliexpress my mags from Karin Chen were shipped today and she gave me an EMS tracking number, the only problem is this number is not recognized on the EMS tracking within the site. Has anyone else had this problem or does it take a while to appear on the system?

I am wondering if I should contact her about this yet or wait a while.

Dan.

Her tracking numbers won't show up for a few days around 3-4 , they don't normal post them themselves but they give them to an agent so they won't get posted for a few days , so just hang on , mine took 28 days to get to me (I'm uk) but I also just another supplier and they took 9 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her tracking numbers won't show up for a few days around 3-4 , they don't normal post them themselves but they give them to an agent so they won't get posted for a few days , so just hang on , mine took 28 days to get to me (I'm uk) but I also just another supplier and they took 9 days.

OK yeah, she just confirmed that it wont show up for a few days also. Then she said she has posted one pair and my second pair will ship out in a few days (this is so they get through customs easier apparently) the only problem is now I am going to have to pay customs duties on two packages rather than just one. Sigh....

If only he sold the heel cup on shapeways. I'd be in for that.

I think the reason he didn't (same as his soles) was that he knew not enough people would be able to cast the part to make their own in rubber. I don't think the 3D printed Heel Cup wold flex enough for wearing. It would be cool for a display pair though.

I am talking to Karin Chen right now as I have had no reply from the Jason guy. The problem is she is insisting I use EMS rather than DHL as she says "It's not possible" and I worry about tracking of EMS in the Philippines. What is your experience of EMS?

Hey man, where are you located in the Philippines? If you're in manila you have to be careful because Ive heard some horror stories about customs asking for fees that nearly costs the item itself. Luckily I'm from visayas and only paid 50 pesos to claim it. Shipping time was fast though. about 4 or 5 business days.

Hey man, where are you located in the Philippines? If you're in manila you have to be careful because Ive heard some horror stories about customs asking for fees that nearly costs the item itself. Luckily I'm from visayas and only paid 50 pesos to claim it. Shipping time was fast though. about 4 or 5 business days.

I'm located in Pampanga, 50 pesos sounds good although I'm bracing myself for a couple of thousand!

My EL just arrived, and i had no 12v power source so i checked the local hardware store and found this. Its a 12v 27A battery, it loses power fast though but for those looking for a way to test out their EL's before their 9v inverters arrive this is the way to go, i bought this at the equivalent of a dollar.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396058096.763555.jpg

My EL just arrived, and i had no 12v power source so i checked the local hardware store and found this. Its a 12v 27A battery, it loses power fast though but for those looking for a way to test out their EL's before their 9v inverters arrive this is the way to go, i bought this at the equivalent of a dollar.

did you find the EL sheet locally or did you import it?

did you find the EL sheet locally or did you import it?

I ordered it from ebay from HK, they only have a 12V inverter for free. It actually just arrived yesterday. I still need a lot of parts though, I will let you know if I do have some extras(parts) if you're also modding yours in the future. :)

I ordered it from ebay from HK, they only have a 12V inverter for free. It actually just arrived yesterday. I still need a lot of parts though, I will let you know if I do have some extras(parts) if you're also modding yours in the future. :)

That would be awesome, thanks!

very nice work. what spray you use for repainting the midsole? and did you use enamel or acrylic for repainting the nike mag lettering?
thanks

Sorry for the late reply airair! I just opened my quote posts today. I have been out of town recently and got a new job among other things.

Anyways. I used an acrylic spray paint(acrylic laquer just the regular kind for general purposes. primed it and used the color "silver grey" available here locally for about 2.50$ 400cc can), and because of manhandling it too much they flaked and peeled off. I stripped them and I think I may have to re do it. I read somewhere that you should do 2 coats of clear gloss acrylic after the color to strengthen it. Then 2 coats of matte finish to remove the glossy feel but still retaining the protective quality over it. I'm still thinking if i should do it after i glue the uppers to the sole so i don't mess it up.

The nike mag lettering was done with regular brush on acrylic paints. Im still unsure of what tone of blue/green/turqoise I should actually use, i was just mixing cyan and yellow.

The nike mag lettering was done with regular brush on acrylic paints. Im still unsure of what tone of blue/green/turqoise I should actually use, i was just mixing cyan and yellow.
It was posted that the correct colour is equal amounts of "India Blue" and "Emerald Green". I did a mix for splats on my V1 soles that is very close that on the V2 MAG mixing equal amounts of the same line of paint in green and blue. I had "Emerald Green" but could not find "India Blue" in the same paint line.

Sorry for the late reply airair! I just opened my quote posts today. I have been out of town recently and got a new job among other things.

Anyways. I used an acrylic spray paint(acrylic laquer just the regular kind for general purposes. primed it and used the color "silver grey" available here locally for about 2.50$ 400cc can), and because of manhandling it too much they flaked and peeled off. I stripped them and I think I may have to re do it. I read somewhere that you should do 2 coats of clear gloss acrylic after the color to strengthen it. Then 2 coats of matte finish to remove the glossy feel but still retaining the protective quality over it. I'm still thinking if i should do it after i glue the uppers to the sole so i don't mess it up.

cool
sounds good

does anyone know if regular acrylic is better than using one of the model enamel paints?

im trying to see which is better and which won't chip.

It was posted that the correct colour is equal amounts of "India Blue" and "Emerald Green". I did a mix for splats on my V1 soles that is very close that on the V2 MAG mixing equal amounts of the same line of paint in green and blue. I had "Emerald Green" but could not find "India Blue" in the same paint line.

Yup thanks I read that, but as I customize/restore sneakers I'm using what I already have on hand and mixed of color based on actual pictures. :)

Looking through some old notes on my phone and thought I would re post this, great reference pics from the RD Mags, hopefully comes in handy like it did for me.

Nike MAG buckle and strap measurements - Imgur

Those photos are awesome reference shots. Whose shoes are they and did you get to handle them?

Yup thanks I read that, but as I customize/restore sneakers I'm using what I already have on hand and mixed of color based on actual pictures. :)

Didn't mean to step on your toes. You asked a question and I was just wanting to help by passing on the info I had.

Mixing colour in pigments (which I don't much about) is very different to mixing colour in light (something I am very knowledgeable in). I didn't know that mixing equal parts of [strike]magenta[/strike] CYAN and yellow would produce an aqua colour. In light, magenta (red + blue) and yellow (red + green) is grey (typically white at PC values of 255). CYAN is equal parts Green and Blue.

What I did discover when I mixed green and blue paint was that colour of the grey on sole also plays a part on how light or dark it comes out. The grey I used was medium (say a 5 on a 0 to 10 scale where 0 is black) and the grey for the MAGs is probably closer to 7.

Last edited:
Thanks cavx, was mixing cyan and yellow though and adding white as i mixed it. I didnt use any magenta. Hehe

Well i learned the hard way of cutting el as i delaminated some spots,(got zapped)but when it covered it up it didn't really matter. I wanted the EL sheet to sit inside the grey sole so it has more protection and also to utilize the half moon holes on it. I also trimmed the holes to make it a bit wider with a box cutter. Its not perfect and i panicked at one point but right now i feel very satisfied. Thank you rpf peeps! Here are some pics

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396149597.019884.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396149615.827426.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396149635.856378.jpg

I also decided to cut it this way and have it inside so that i don't waste much EL.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back