Mary Poppins carpet bag

ob1al

Sr Member
The original recently sold via PIH for $95,000:

profilesinhistoryhollyw.jpg

More than the £20 I was willing to pay. Pipped at the post by Mr. Moneybags again!

Anyway, my wife would really love one of these for family trips etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about making one/buying one?

I'd think the fabric would be a bugger to pinpoint today.

Any thoughts, ideas appreciated.

Al

PS - the ability to pull lampstands and children out of it would be a bonus, but not essential.

I know Disney made an innacurate version a few years back, but aside from that nobody has any leads? :confused

If the wife isn't a stickler for accuracy, you may find a close enough upholstery fabric print. All of the other bits from handles to closure should have "close enough" counterparts available for the diy crafter.

My wife too is a huge fan of Julie Andrews and I think this would be a cool project to do for her so I will Subscribe here to this thread but I am also going to start doing my own Research and if I find anything I will post it here for you or pm you. if you would do the same perhaps we can knock this out!

My wife too is a huge fan of Julie Andrews and I think this would be a cool project to do for her so I will Subscribe here to this thread but I am also going to start doing my own Research and if I find anything I will post it here for you or pm you. if you would do the same perhaps we can knock this out!

Roger that.:thumbsup

OK this could possibly be a great chance for some info...

Mary Poppins is the movie of the month this month at the Walt Disney Family Musuem and on March 20th, next Sunday, they are having a special event. An interview/conversation with Tony Walton the costume designer of Mary Poppins. So if anyone here could go, they could pose the question to him, where he got it or what it was, etc.. during the Q&A.

I know it's a longshot but stranger things have happened.. Here is the link to the event...

The Walt Disney Family Museum

I did a show with Tony Walton last year, but I was too afraid it would be unprofessional for me to bring up Mary Poppins. A tough restraint, as it's one of my favorite movies.

I did a show with Tony Walton last year, but I was too afraid it would be unprofessional for me to bring up Mary Poppins. A tough restraint, as it's one of my favorite movies.

I've had similar experiences in my job and found that if it is done with restraint and respect it is usually well received. The good thing about this event though is he is there already to talk about Mary Poppins. Now to get someone there...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back