LAW Rocket launcher scratchbuild-And it holds BEER! NEW pics

BornKilr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For anyone who has seen my M79 Grenade launcher thread:
http://www.therpf.com/f9/m79-grenade-launcher-scratchbuilt-wip-113111/, then you already know I'm building various weapons/props for a Vietnam zombie costume for DragonCon. As I learned years ago, carrying numerous props, as well as camera and beverages, can get rather difficult. Also, the elevator lines can often be a 30 minute wait and Con hotel beer prices are quite ridiculous. So I've helped eliminate those problems by making props that carry my beverages.
So without further ado, here's my M72 LAW rocket launcher beer tube!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

And here it is fully loaded!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Unfortunately, there was no room to make it insulated, but hey, a warm beer's better than no beer at all!

Last edited:
Re: LAW Rocket launcher scratchbuild-And it holds BEER!

Oh Natty Ice...It's been my companion on many a night in college!

Great idea as well. You're turning out to be a master at transporting alcohol!

The word "beer" made me open this thread.

Now you just have to find a place that allows LAWs but doesn't allow beer!

The word "beer" made me open this thread.

Now you just have to find a place that allows LAWs but doesn't allow beer!

How about Afghanistan?

It holds beer but if you switch the beer with soda...you could call in an Anti-Tanked Weapon.:lol

TazMan2000

+ 10 on the title alone! :lol

nice build what is it made out of and are you thinking of doing a tutorial of the different weapon replicas

Well now you have to replicate the scene from Falling Down. Then have a drink or three.

nice build what is it made out of and are you thinking of doing a tutorial of the different weapon replicas
Well, I don't really have enough WIP pics to do a proper tutorial, but I'll see what I do have and post them and try to explain how I did everything. This build was made entirely from styrene sheets (tube, detail on top) and sintra scraps (firing mechanism housing, end caps, trigger). It was fairly easy since its completely static. Look for something in a few days.

Well, as promised, here are the WIP pics, for what they are. Usually, the first thing I do is find good straight-on side and top reference pictures from the web. I find what the actual size is supposed to be then scale images appropriately. Then drop them into Illustrator and draw out the various parts I need and print them out.

attachment.php

I then find the right thickness of sintra or MDF board and spray mount the blueprint to it. I use a scroll saw to cut out the thicker parts and an exacto for the thin ones. After a great deal of sanding, filing, dremeling and cussing, I get the parts refined so the fit together better.

On this particular piece, I couldn't find any premade PVC tube with the exact I/D of a beer can, so I got a long piece of styrene, sprayed it with 3M 90 spray adhesive and rolled it around 4 cans and taped it until dry, then cut to shape.

The following pics are in no order, just show various stages of the build. If you have a particular question about something, just ask and I'll try to help.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

wow thanks for this BornKIlr. i really appreciate you putting up the pics of your build. these will help alot.

Well, hope it helps a little. I'm currently working on a Luger P08 and and just finished a C96 Mauser built in this same method. Don't have many pics for the Mauser, but am trying to take more from the early stages for the Luger. I'll post when complete.

Finally got the decals finished and applied. Short of making the strap attachment, its pretty much done. I'll be debuting it at DragonCon this year.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

LOL Id never thought of that, I have a LAW. it can hold 5 cans but back tube is narrow so would have to fit some mini bottles lol really cool.. If you did know better very detailed work....:)

this law rocks, im wondering if you would put up the stickers for those of us who are far less skilled. please

Well, I can't take credit for the decals. I was in the process of finding decent images that I could recreate when I ran across this guy's page. He sells an airsoft/paint LAW launcher and posted a link to download the decals. I just eliminated the ones I didn't need and adjusted the colors in PS to match mine. Here's the link:
http://www.legioviferrata.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/lawgivergraphicsjpg.jpg

Very, very cool prop. Though I may disagree with your definition of beer *, I'd still be very proud to own a prop like that. And, if they start out cold, I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to drink four beers before they warmed up to much.

Oh, and I love original zombie costumes!

* Craft beer drinker and proud. :) NL's ingredients are listed as water, barley malt, cereal grains, yeast, and hops. If it has rice and corn, I question whether it's beer at all. 2 cents

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back